Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
crazy
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there some way zombie threads (ie old, resurrected threads) could be marked, like with a little icon of a zombie next to them or something?

It's kind of disconcerting to be reading through a thread, and then you realize, whoa, this was from 3 years ago!

Just not sure how you'd determine if it was a zombie thread - if there's a large gap in the date of the posts?

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
I have been seeing this myself - although I don't think the threads are being resurrected on purpose. :stu

·
Buried at Sea
5,104 Posts
Just not sure how you'd determine if it was a zombie thread
I realized when it lunged for me groaning, "braaaaaaiiiiiiinnnnsssss!!!!"

Note: I don't actually have anything to contribute to this discussion. Although, now that I think about it, a zombie icon would be pretty cool.

·
Banned
642 Posts
Given that you are seeing zombie threads, people are actually using the search feature and trying to contribute to already exisiting good thread. I have re-lived a few zombie threads myself, though I never realized it untill after I have posted.

·
Registered
14,599 Posts
I have been seeing this myself - although I don't think the threads are being resurrected on purpose. :stu
But what difference does it make if they are? You see a good thread and want to contribute to it. Why does the date matter? If really old threads are supposed to be off limits, perhaps they should be deleted or locked.

But I really dont see why threads should have an expiration date??

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
You could just get into the habit of reading the date on the first post. When a big epic thread pops up out of nowhere I realise it's an old one because I would usually notice a new thread before it gets to about 5 pages long, but other times it's hard to tell. Sometimes I notice a post from somebody who doesn't come here anymore and that makes me look at the date. Other times I don't notice until somebody else does and mentions it.

I don't mind it though. People are welcome to resurrect threads as long I haven't posted anything embarrassing in them. Please check in the future.

·
SAS Member
14,484 Posts
But what difference does it make if they are? You see a good thread and want to contribute to it. Why does the date matter? If really old threads are supposed to be off limits, perhaps they should be deleted or locked.

But I really dont see why threads should have an expiration date??
I dont see a problem with it either. I know this gaming website that gives infraction for necro-threading. Too extreme for my taste.

·
Hiding In My Den
1,955 Posts
It's kinda annoying, especially when it happens to a thread I made and want to forget about. For some reason over 2 years ago I made a thread about a friendship going downhill...just some venting in the frustration forum and a few months ago someone dragged it back up to the top. Have also had other threads I made dragged back to the top and none of them seem like they should be that interesting to anybody for someone to come back over a year later to post on them yet they do. Strikes me as very odd especially when they're just about personal things that happened to me.

·
crazy
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^ I could see new users doing that on accident. And then other people start commenting because they think it's a current thread, lol. A little icon of some sort would help avoid the confusion. Seems like zBulletin would be aware of this issue at least - it must happen on every forum.

I don't mind old threads coming up, it's just hard to notice them sometimes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts