Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started zoloft a week ago (25 mg) and would like feedback on people's experience with it and what your dosage was.

·
Banned
76 Posts
its one of many prozac type meds and will be a big help if it works for you
the usual dose range is 50 to 200 but anxiety sufferers often have severe early side effects so assuming your doc said start with 25 he is, IMO sensible.

you will need to work the dose up to 50 or more, valium helps reduce early side effects, unless you are being sedated by the zoloft

it may take up to 6 weeks at about 100 to see whether it will work for you, it took this long for a similar med to work for me and it was a big help for my SA

·
Banned
76 Posts
then you should have gradually got the dose up to somewhere near 200, often experimanting is needed to get an antidepressant dose right for you, everyone is different

·
Registered
544 Posts
It's mildly less activating than Prozac, when I was on it. I just found that in both Prozac and Zoloft they are just far too activating for my anxiety. I end up being way too agitated, and thus my anxiety levels spike. Probably great for people who just have depression though.

·
Geese
20,769 Posts
I am on 100mg daily, took 8 weeks for it to kick in but once it did it was a life saver. has helped me immensely over the past few months and more or less eradicated my general anxiety feelings and enabled me to concentrate on therapy and working hard to make progress against my SA.

So give it time, but these drugs work differently for everyone so you simply need to wait and see.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Zoloft was awesome for my depression. For anxiety, it didn't work, but later I found out that my dose wasn't high enough. I was only taking 100mg and you're really supposed to take about 200mg for anxiety.
With Zoloft, I remember I had some side effects for the first couple weeks (stomach pain and sweating, mostly) but after I adjusted it did wonders for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts