Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
You could do a search on all posts of Zoloft and read all the posts. I did this in this forum and many other forums with every single drug I've been in question about. The knowledge obtained from so many posts in such a short time can be extremely useful in making decisions.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts

·
Banned
115 Posts
I was on the Zoloft pills. I went up to 200mg and it didnt work.

The main side effect was complete boner loss. I mean it was much worse then Paxil, Lexapro, or Celexa. It really has sexual side effects bad. Like really bad.

Also when I drank alcohol on it, I would get terrible hangovers.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I can vouch for the boner loss on Zoloft. While I was one that did have very positive effects from the drug for depression and s/a. The bonerloss was horrifying. It was so bad I couldn't even get hard in situations when I was with sexy girls that were super turned on right on front of me. So that was kind of the trade off. Zoloft gave me the super confidence to approach gorgeous women but then I couldn't do jack about it in the bedroom LMFAO. It was humiliating to say the least especially since it happened on numerous occasions. And that's why I pretty don't like going on drugs again that have sexual side effects.

At least on Paxil I was able to get hard and pretty much like normal. The only thing diff there was the delayed ejac which is obviously a good thing, but then after climax the ability to get hard again fast was still difficult.

·
taking a break from SAS
1,408 Posts
Also when I drank alcohol on it, I would get terrible hangovers.
That is why you don't take Zoloft.:p

I was on Zoloft, 100mg for 6 weeks. The worst side effect for me was weight loss. It is not a very common side effect. My weight dropped to 130lbs from 140ish over a few weeks, at 5'11 I think it is very underweight even though my doc. say we shouldn't worry till I am 90lbs:roll

·
Registered
520 Posts
Wellbutrin does a very good job at getting the libido back and the boner function. If you are willing to take two drugs, then yes. Mirtazapine also does this. As well as obviously little blue pills but it would suck having to rely on those all the time.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Zoloft not really good for general anxiety. You would want Paxil or Lexapro instead if that is a worry. But those can be a bit sedating. For me caffeine was required to overcome that. Also 100mg of Zoloft is about the average general therapeutic dose.

·
Registered
520 Posts
yes definitely. A good starting dose is 50mg. Take that for 1 month. If the drug is one that works for you, you will notice small improvements in the upcoming weeks. But it is at 4 weeks when it starts to kick in. 6 weeks much more. and 8 weeks full effect. You can bump your dose anytime after two weeks. But for the first time it's a good idea to give it a month and then bump to maybe 100mg to give the drug a good trial at a good dose before you decide whether or not it is for you.

Oh I should also mention, it's just the way SSRI's work in your brain, but it's very common to get worse in the beginning. Rockstar did a good explanation of this in another thread just recently. So if you do get worse at first don't let that deter you. the 4-8 week trial is the only way to tell if it's going to really work for your liking.

·
Registered
520 Posts
no probs :) actually if you decided, zoloft and wellbutrin combo or any other ssri with wellbutrin combo was outstanding in my experience for depression and social anxiety. Adding wellbutrin to the mix was like putting the icing and the frosting on the cake. Fanflippintastic in every way :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah, I think I'll ask my psychiatrist about Wellbutrin the next time I see him. I'm really not looking forward to having erectile dysfunction. Maybe I'll get lucky and it won't have that effect on me. Prolly not. My luck, my penis will turn black and fall off. :blank

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.