Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
SAS Veteran
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another new medication for depression and anxiety.... Let's see. In 1995 I took my first anti-depressant and many after that until 1999 then I took Effexor. It seemed to work only took away my appetite. I did not want to eat. It didn't help my SA much. In 2004 I stopped taking Effexor and did not take it again until 2008 and I was no longer tolerant to it at all. Tried others in 2009...side-effects. I was actually feeling better for awhile without them. But recently lots of stress and setbacks compelled me to try Zoloft. Can't remember if I tried it or not. Nine days and counting...12.5 mg of the tiniest dose and no side-effects. Well the first few days my stomach felt funny from it as they always do. Now it is better. Don't know what will happen when it is increased. Hoping for a miracle this time. I take it with my heaviest meal as it has to be taken on a full stomach. We'll see...:roll

·
UnDeRrAtED
34,710 Posts
if it doesnt work its not going to work either on a higher dose. imo Im on 200mg of zoloft and not even side effects I get. so im going to try another ssri.

·
Registered
540 Posts
On 50mg of zoloft for about 13 weeks now. I started noticing effects in 6 weeks which were significant but nothing to be considered effective. 2 Weeks ago I started to feel it full force and at first it was like when I had been before ssri but after 6 or 7 days I felt I was getting used to it. It's now week 13 and I am having some major improvements. It is a great medication..tried every ssri and zoloft last but it has been the only one with any effect.

·
Harvestor Of Sorrow
5,727 Posts
I took Zololft in the past. I can't remember what the dose was, but what I do remember I was up for 5 days in a row with no sleep. So I stopped it after the fifth day. But everybody is different in how they respond to medication. Unfortunately, when it comes to anti-depressants it's really a game of trial and error.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm on 150mg and have been for about a year and a half.. It take it for depression, not anxiety, although now that the depression is under control, the anxiety isn't so bad. But I don't have any problems with side effects. If I forget to take it for a few days, then I have problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts