Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Chief Worrier
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been taking zoloft for 3 or 4 weeks now, and for the most part i haven't had any side effects. a few mild headaches at first, some nausea in the morning. and yeah it aggravated my acne for 5 or 6 days, but it's clearing up now and the headaches and nausea are mostly gone. i've been trying to work backwards from taking my medication at 1am to the point where i take it at 10pm because i'm about to start school again and will no longer be staying up so late, but tonight i forgot and didn't take it until 1:30am. is that enough of a gap to cause a headache? like, withdrawal? or is the headache i've had for the past few hours unrelated?

·
Making No Apologies
72 Posts
When I was on Zoloft and forgot to take my dose at the proper time I got the zappy headaches pretty soon after. But I also ended up having pretty much every bad side effect to Zoloft there is so I had to quit cuz I was bruising so badly.
My friend loves it though. Even though she developed a twitch (it went away though). It really balances her out and she doesnt get headaches unless she misses a lot of doses.
It really depends on your bodys chemistry. Ive found that no ones reaction to Zoloft is ever the same. Its a weird drug. If all you are getting after about a month in is headaches and everything else is evening out ( I hope) I would take some Tylenol and head to bed :)

·
Geese
20,769 Posts
It takes me 2 days without my meds to start feeling the symptoms of not taking it, usually the odd brain zaps and slight dizziness. So I don't think missing it by a few hours will cause any harm at all, usually as long as you are there or there abouts it's fine.

·
Registered
544 Posts
When I was on Zoloft I would get frequent headaches, which felt kind of like it was doing something to my sinuses. It's weird, but I've read similar reports from other people, so I guess it can be common.

·
Chief Worrier
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i thought it was just a migraine, but then i remembered i hadn't taken my medication. i was just wondering if there was some connection.

·
Banned
232 Posts
zoloft is one of many prozac type meds and you could ask doc to swap you to another to see if the headaches stop

1 - 6 of 6 Posts