Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Chief Worrier
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my psychiatrist put me on zoloft today and told me to take it before bed in case it makes me feel sick... but someone told me i'll feel sick in the morning if i take it before i sleep. does anyone else have experience with this?

·
Registered
643 Posts
I tried taking it in the morning. It gave me insomnia in the beginning. She probably put you on a starter dose so you might be okay taking it at night.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Err, before bed? Hmm not so sure about that for Zoloft. For me Zoloft was quite activating and very bad at causing or worsening insomnia.

·
Chief Worrier
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'm only taking 25mg for the first week, and after that only 50mg for the next 8 days or so.

·
:No Worries:
182 Posts
I had a handful of side effects but mostly the resolved fairly quick. I took mine in the morning before work and still do. You will just have to experiment with the time situation and see if you do better before bed or not. Luckily you are easing into it, I was put on 50mg then 100mg during the first week.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Has anyone had any type of headache on Zoloft? The whole time I was on that I kept getting really horrible sinus type headaches that went away when I came off it.

·
Chief Worrier
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i was told i might get headaches. she said it's okay to mix zoloft with an OTC painkiller, so you can just take advil or tylenol for the headache.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I tried a lot of stuff for mine but they wouldn't go away. I actually believed it wasn't the meds for a while and thought I had a sinus infection, which I went to my doctor for and was given stuff for that. Didn't work though and neither did any type of pain killers, it only went away when I decided to come off it.

·
Chief Worrier
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmmm. well i'm going back to see her in two weeks, so if i have bad headaches i'll tell her about it. she seemed pretty willing to switch meds if i didn't like zoloft.

·
:No Worries:
182 Posts
Has anyone had any type of headache on Zoloft? The whole time I was on that I kept getting really horrible sinus type headaches that went away when I came off it.
Yes I got fairly annoying headaches during the first two weeks, they seem to be gone now.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Yeah, I felt aweful after starting to take zoloft. It was like having a constant hangover. I also was told to take it before I went to sleep, to help me sleep. I no longer take it though cause it made me sick a lot.

·
Chief Worrier
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
question about another possible side effect (i didn't want to start a new thread)

i'm getting random, sudden (but not severe or that frequent) cramps in what i would describe as the middle or upper part of my abdomen. is that normal???

·
Registered
544 Posts
I think I know what you are talking about. This if I recall (if my memory serves me correctly) for me, was to do with the stomach related side-effects I experienced to begin with, they went away though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts