Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have finally managed to get on zoloft again. My New Doctor didn't want me to go on it again because of the shaking I had. I went back to my old Doctor and was put back on it. They explained the shaking could have been caused by a number of things, such as switching from celexa, or starting on a too high of a dose.

Anyways I have started my dose today of 25mg and I want to document each day of my progress being on Zoloft.

I have had success on Zoloft before, although the shaking was too bad, so that made my decision to quit. I am now giving it another chance.

DAY 1 - Today was slightly different. I had really bad anxiety when dealing with a roommate. I felt all jittery like I was on caffeine. Anxiety was generally worst today but not terrible.

DAY 2 - I felt really weird after my second dose. It reminded me of a weed high type feeling. Very sedating.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what about the baclofen, did it help you?
did you stop taking it?
I would probably still be on it if it wasn't so expensive. I think in higher doses it would have worked great. I now only use Baclofen to Potentiate Xanax. When taken with xanax (10mg of baclofen) it greatly enhances and makes it last twice as long. I am not sure if this effect will build tolerance, I hope not.

·
SASsy
18,100 Posts
I'm a longtime user of Zoloft. It has worked great for me. Give it time.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DAY 5 - Today and yesterday I have been experiencing and increase in anxiety. I also may have a bit of Akathisia, or the wanting to move my legs or move in general. I already see a mood lift but if anything its so slightly. I am very nervous about the Akathisia because I have heard that this side effect may not go away. I think it did when I last was on zoloft but I don't remember it this much. I am crossing my fingers that it goes away. I also heard that cogentin is a good Anti parkinson med that can help alleviate Akathisia. After my two month trial of Zoloft I might ask my dr for it depending on how bad the moving gets.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Is weight gain common in zoloft? I am thinking about finally starting an SSRI for the first time instead of popping propranolol all the time. I am starting 25mg soon, I hope it will help.

barry1685,

Have you been taking both the inderal and zoloft? We seem to have similar medications. I am also on propranolol and xanax. I get the shakes pretty easily, especially when I am anxious so I would like to keep the beta blocker in the mix.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is weight gain common in zoloft? I am thinking about finally starting an SSRI for the first time instead of popping propranolol all the time. I am starting 25mg soon, I hope it will help.

barry1685,

Have you been taking both the inderal and zoloft? We seem to have similar medications. I am also on propranolol and xanax. I get the shakes pretty easily, especially when I am anxious so I would like to keep the beta blocker in the mix.
I have been taking inderal with zoloft. I recommend not taking them at the same time and or taking a smaller dose of inderal because zoloft potentiates inderal.

Zoloft has started to kill my ocd, which is great and is being a good mood lift only after being on a week of it. Zoloft relaxed me quite well when I was on it.

But one warning, you mentioned you get shakes pretty badly. I get the shakes too. Zoloft and any ssris can initially cause akathisia which is a energetic shakiness type feeling, like restless leg syndrome but on your entire body. Don't quit zoloft over this just keep battling through it.

The Akathisia makes my SA ten times worst but I am pushing through with it. BTW xanax and propranolol will help the akathisia.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DAY 6 Today I am having great results. I have been having less anxiety walking around people and I talked on the phone at work in front of others and didn't think twice about what I was saying. Normally I would keep my talk to a minimum.

·
SASsy
18,100 Posts
I've been on zoloft for almost two weeks now and I have been shaking. Do you know if it will stop?
Yes, it will stop. I had shaking for about 2 weeks. I only shook when I was under stress.

·
SASsy
18,100 Posts
DAY 6 Today I am having great results. I have been having less anxiety walking around people and I talked on the phone at work in front of others and didn't think twice about what I was saying. Normally I would keep my talk to a minimum.
This is a really good drug for anxiety.

·
In need of a hug
356 Posts
sometimes when i get sleepy my head feels like there is a balloon or someting in there trying to expand it, and my jaw hurts.

my anxiety has gotten a whole lot better, but when i do feel really anxious it feels kind of extreme

·
Registered
171 Posts
Good to see that others are having somewhat positive effects from this. I just started today with .25 mg. As much as I hate pills, I hope this will relieve some of my depression symptoms and social anxiety issues (I didn't even mention social anxiety to the GP, nor did I request this drug specifically). Looking at the long list of side effects is sort of freaking me out though :(.

Anyway....felt a bit of nausea (not really a good start as I've had nausea the past few weeks) so I had to eat real slow, and not too much to avoid a "vomit" feeling. Slightly anxious about 3 hours after taking it, but it calmed down. Just a bit lazy feeling the rest of the day...actually sat around and watched a movie with my parents...not something I have done in years. Now feeling tired but also awake at the same time.

·
Guided By Voices
2,396 Posts
Yo, how many days in a row are you gonna go on. The positive effects of SSRI's usually take weeks and up to a month and a half to feel the positive effects completely. Now the side effects take no time to show up. Usually within a couple of days. Someone mentioned the shakiness experienced from the initial over activation of the of serotonin in the brain. That should disappear within a realtivley short period of time, as the brain adjusts. Now the other issues like impotence, loss of libido, weight gain (in some instances), and sometimes fatigue may stay around. But there are ways to treat those issues. Sometimes successfully/ sometimes not.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
sometimes when i get sleepy my head feels like there is a balloon or someting in there trying to expand it, and my jaw hurts.

my anxiety has gotten a whole lot better, but when i do feel really anxious it feels kind of extreme
It sounds like Akathisia, but don't worry!! Its nothing serious and should go away with time. Its your body trying to adjust to the medication.

I had this the first week and its now subsiding. Its really a horrible feeling but give it time.

I am going up to 50mg tomorrow as my dr requested. It has only been a week but I already feel the positives of it working. It is definitively not placebo because I am usually miserable and I feel great. It might just be initial Hypo Mania. But I really don't feel manic?

·
Guided By Voices
2,396 Posts
It sounds like Akathisia, but don't worry!! Its nothing serious and should go away with time. Its your body trying to adjust to the medication.

I had this the first week and its now subsiding. Its really a horrible feeling but give it time.

I am going up to 50mg tomorrow as my dr requested. It has only been a week but I already feel the positives of it working. It is definitively not placebo because I am usually miserable and I feel great. It might just be initial Hypo Mania. But I really don't feel manic?
What day are we on. Have we got past the first week of the Zoloft thread. Everyday is filled with suspense. Naw, I'm glad it's going well. But with the MAOI threads, you never know whats gonna happen. Like one day, happy as all get out. Than Nardil will flatten them the next day. Now, I'm going to have to read todays edition.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts