Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I need you Zelda fans to help me out here! First of all not trying to start flame war or anything lol I need your opinions I am interested, so please do not take my opinion offensively, thankyou ^^.

Right, Zelda, I personally do not like this game, I remember playing Link to the Past in my childhood and loved it, and playing it a few years ago and still loved it, one of the best games for the SNES, but the rest I feel are very poor, the original Zelda was revolutionary and have nothing bad to say against it, but I'm looking more towards the Zelda games from OoT and on.

My main gripe with OoT is how clunky the controls are, for a game commonly known as the greatest game ever made this is a huge drawback for me. I do not know if it is just me but would like some opinions.

I never felt immersed in the game world either, when I play LttP I felt so drawn into Hyrule, how I wanted to explore and find everything, I found the world beautiful, and found the game played like clockwork everything was a joy, the dungeons were amazing and I was excited to explore them all. But with the modern Zeldas feel like a drag, feels like a chore to explore, I feel the world just do not pull you in.

The characters in the new Zeldas are ridiculous, they feel like they do not belong in a fantasy world, like that owl in OoT, I feel like I'm gettig into the game and a owl starts twitching its head talking nonsense to me with annoying music. And Navi... enough said -.-. In the old Zeldas all the characters and a story behind them and a level of mystery to them that I feel fit very well in Hyrule. What the hell was those guys from Lon Lon Ranch? Seriously?

There is more to say but I don't want to drag it out to much into such a rant this is my opinion of Zelda and I truly want to hear what makes the Zelda world magical for you :) bring me to the light!

Thanks for your time guys ^_^.

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
I think you've created a lot of enemies on this site now, lol.

But props to your username. Kingdom Hearts is my fav. :heart

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
I never played LoZelda:OoT, but I might play it someday. I played LoZ:LttP and It's one of my favs. I recently played LoZ:SS and it's not bad and a bit too ez, I love the art style and the Demon Lord is awesome, can't wait to play as him in the next SSB(hopefully).

·
Credible Hulk
1,775 Posts
What the hell was those guys from Lon Lon Ranch? Seriously?
They were a pair of guys that you got a horse from. That's pretty much it.

·
Gone, Never Coming Back
4,863 Posts
Haha, well as someone who really loves the Zelda series as a whole, I'm going to do my best to stay rational here.

First of all, I honest to God have no idea what you're talking about. What exactly is it about Ocarina of Time that isn't imersive? How does a talking owl not fit into a fantasy (key word, fantasy) world? I understand the gripe about the controls, but keep in mind that this was during a time when 3D games were still new. I wouldn't say that many early 3D games have aged well, but like I said, the controls were still new.

I'll try to explain it as best as I can. First of all, you are reading way too much into these games. You're taking it too seriously. Story was never a high point of the Zelda series, and that didn't change when Ocarina of Time came into the picture. Sure, there was some semblance of a story, but it's still a fairly simple guy saves the world, rescues the girl and kills the bad guy kind of story. They're all like that. I love A Link to the Past as much as you do, but I don't think any of the characters were as interesting as you make them out to be.

Also, I find it odd how you say that the new Zeldas are somehow poor, yet the only example you can bring up is Ocarina of Time. Did you play some of the newer games in the series? I'd say some of the control gripes you mentioned have been resolved, at least in the 3D games.

The idea that Ocarina of Time is the greatest game ever made is just a bunch of opinions really. I love the game as much as some of these people do, but there are tons and tons of great games out there that it is difficult to narrow it down just to one game. It's been a while since I played, but there are probably parts of it that haven't aged too well. Even Eiji Aonuma, who's pretty much the main force behind the Zelda games now, even admitted he didn't think the game aged that well. He went as far as to say that it wasn't a good game.

I don't mean to sound defensive or anything, but I'm just not understanding your point of view. The owl and Navi are a little annoying, but they are such minor annoyances that I can't possibly see how it ruins the whole game.

As for me, I can't really explain why I love Zelda so much. I just love it. I love all the games, from the very beginning to the recent ones. I'm very excited for the Wind Waker HD remake on Wii U. I'm excited to see what they are making for the Wii U and 3DS. I just love Zelda and everything about it. But if you don't, that's totally fine :)

·
Gone, Never Coming Back
4,863 Posts
I never played LoZelda:OoT, but I might play it someday. I played LoZ:LttP and It's one of my favs. I recently played LoZ:SS and it's not bad and a bit too ez, I love the art style and the Demon Lord is awesome, can't wait to play as him in the next SSB(hopefully).
Are you talking about Girahim? Just wait until you see who his master is :b

·
Banned
12,909 Posts
Cool story bro.

brb replaying OoT AKA the greatest game ever made.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@CrimsonTrigger Perhaps you are right I am looking into the game to much, I see RPG's as games that are very story driven. Its ok to get defensive you love the Zelda series and you are just pointing out flaws in my opinion, I do apologize if I seemed a bit arrogant on the point of Zelda and I only mentioned OoT as that is the only 3D era Zelda I have put alot of time into, I would not make points on something that I did not have some experience with.

I mainly made points on OoT also as from what I have read alot of fans consider it one of, if not the, greatest game ever made. I did not made it to see your opinion on why you consider the Zelda franchise good.

And I see you mention that Zelda is not majorly driven by storyline, I would like to know, what makes Zelda, as an RPG game, so popular?

I have always thought it was the nostalgia factor, that Zelda was the game from most peoples childhoods and the love of that nostalgia drives fans to love the series further. When I got my N64 as a child I could not wait to get my hands on OoT after playing LttP since before I can remember, but when I got OoT I could not help feeling disappointed.

Zelda will always be a classic and it has paved the way for the gaming industry 100% and I thank Nintendo for that but in my opinion Zelda lost its appeal when it turned to 3D.

Please share your thoughts and opinions on the Zelda franchise, and please no flaming.

Thanks guys :)

·
Banned
1,568 Posts
I miss the old style (OoT and Majora's mask)...They're ruining it with the super colorful anime, kiddish style of the newer games. Twilight princess was good, but the ambiance/feel just wasn't as good as the earlier two games.

·
Banned
6,637 Posts
Honestly, I think I've kinda outgrown the zelda series. They were great games and they'll always be special to me, but I can't see myself playing them now unless it's for the sake of nostalgia. I think it's one of those games that you have to play during your childhood to truly appreciate it. OoT and MM were masterpieces for their time era.

I miss the old style (OoT and Majora's mask)...They're ruining it with the super colorful anime, kiddish style of the newer games. Twilight princess was good, but the ambiance/feel just wasn't as good as the earlier two games.
I agree, the n64 games will always be the best IMO. WW was pretty good too though.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
I think every Zelda game ever is a masterpiece. Therefore I win this thread.

In all seriousness though, I don't get people who like to rate/review games. I enjoyed every Zelda game I've played, and I don't consider any of them better than the rest. Though oot has a special place in my heart because it's the first one I played, (not to mention the first video game I EVER played) and I have a lot of fond memories of it. The Zelda series is one of those series that can do no wrong, literally every game in the canon series is great. Why do people feel the need to point out which one is the best? It's not even like it matters. It's all subjective, personal opinions and all that.

·
roarrrr
4,876 Posts
I haven't played the newer Zelda games. But you're hatin' on OoT? How is that even possible?

OoT is a masterpiece that I sacrifice a goat to every morning. I say we all burn the heretic! *raises pitchfork*

·
Registered
305 Posts
I've played several of the Zelda games, not many of the latest ones though. While they can be great, I do find that they can tend to be a little too "cutesy" at times. It can work well sometimes, but yeah.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've been a Zelda fan for something like 18 years now. A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time are tied for my favorite game in the series.

·
Gone, Never Coming Back
4,863 Posts
I think every Zelda game ever is a masterpiece. Therefore I win this thread.

In all seriousness though, I don't get people who like to rate/review games. I enjoyed every Zelda game I've played, and I don't consider any of them better than the rest. Though oot has a special place in my heart because it's the first one I played, (not to mention the first video game I EVER played) and I have a lot of fond memories of it. The Zelda series is one of those series that can do no wrong, literally every game in the canon series is great. Why do people feel the need to point out which one is the best? It's not even like it matters. It's all subjective, personal opinions and all that.
Neither do I. I mean, there are certain games in the series that, if I was absolutely forced to rank them, I'd probably put them at the bottom of the list, but that doesn't really mean anything to me because I still love all the games in their own way. Some people are just very insecure about their gaming hobby and need to trash everybody who doesn't agree with their opinions. I'm probably one of the few people who loves all the Zelda games.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts