Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
121 - 140 of 140 Posts

·
Super Moderator
35,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
I remember seeing his books in the library as far back as my early 20s and I was really tempted to read them but it appeared daunting (and was). I also thought to myself "I have all my life to read just one of these books so this can wait". I never did.

·
Registered
18 Posts
This is pretty interesting to me. I tried to create educational videos for my YouTube channel myself, but in the end I was unable to create really interesting and engaging content. Although I used professional tools for creating effects on video, for example, like this free online video editor, I read articles on how to shoot really high-quality videos on a smartphone, but I couldn't succeed in it.

·
need more than affidavits
1,263 Posts
I remember seeing his books in the library as far back as my early 20s and I was really tempted to read them but it appeared daunting (and was). I also thought to myself "I have all my life to read just one of these books so this can wait". I never did.

Have you been seeing the new "Foundation" show on apple-tv+? I'd recommend reading perhaps "I, Robot" or the first "Foundation" book as both were written in the 1940's to 50's and fun to read (at least more fun than some of his later works in the 80's which I thought became too new-agey rather than his old more inquisitive style). Asimov seemed to be a great science visionary too, like in the interview (or a different one) he predicted the societal problem of loss of jobs due to more automation as a future crisis. I'd also read a couple of his non-fiction books, and his writing is a good, entertaining, and an easier to read intro to space sciences.

·
Super Moderator
35,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
Did anyone else have this thing on their wishlist back in the day? It was so absurdly expensive that you could buy a good used car for the same price.

·
Super Moderator
35,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
Maybe they should have created a higher honor than The Nobel Prize in honor of this one. "The Transistor Prize"

·
Super Moderator
35,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
I actually liked these vans. Though it does seem like the engine was not doing it any favors with people who already didn't like it's looks.

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
I used to think the Patterson Gimlin film was a hoax after watching some "expert" on 60 minutes claim you can see a zipper when you zoom in. Well that turned out to be BS. It's definitely not a suit, the only way it could be hoaxed is if they got some ginormous muscular woman and glued hair all over her. That still wouldn't explain the face and head though...

·
Super Moderator
35,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
I remember when one of the most exciting things of my young life was when I'd saved up enough to buy a Sony Discman. Had it in my car with the tape adapter thing.

·
Super Moderator
35,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #139 ·
This clearly wasn't handled well and seems to have been poorly thought out. If people have to seek them out and ask them what the heck is going on, they are obviously a bit out of touch with their customer base.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I hope to get on this guy's level some day.

Also, I agree with one of the YouTube comments, we need to get him famous.

121 - 140 of 140 Posts