Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
July 2006

You're Never Alone
I believe one of the devil's greatest lies is the one where he tells you that you're all alone, or no one cares about you.

It's a devastating lie, because as a human, you are a herd animal; you are not meant to be alone. You need other people, and they need you. "Divide and conquer" is one of the devil's main tools, and this lie does that well.

It can sound something like this: "Nobody cares about you," or "What you're going through doesn't matter to anyone; there's no help for you," or "You're not important - if you disappeared tomorrow no one would notice or care."

It's important to always remember that the devil is a liar. And you're not the only person he's said this to! Because the truth is, if you're a born again Christian, you're never alone. I can prove it to you.

Proof From the Bible

First of all, God is always with you. Jeremiah 42:11 says, Be not afraid...saith the Lord: for I am with you to save you, and to deliver you.. Haggai 2:4 says, Be strong, all ye people of the land, saith the Lord, and work: for I am with you. Second Chronicles 20:17 says, Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the Lord with you...fear not, nor be dismayed; to morrow go out against them: for the Lord will be with you.

And lest you should think those are Old Testament scriptures that don't apply to you, remember Malachi 3:6, where God says, I am the Lord, I do not change.

Then God sent His only Son to earth. He became God-in-the-flesh so He could be with you, understand your struggles and your joys, and commit the ultimate sacrifice to rescue you forever from the bondage of sin. Does that sound like someone who would ever leave you alone? You have a better covenant - you are His prize!

Jesus is always with you. Matthew 1:23 says, Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. In Matthew 28:20 He said, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Hebrews 13:5 tells us, He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."

As if that wasn't enough, you have angels around you all the time, protecting you and working for you. Matthew 4:6 says, He shall give His angels charge over you,' and, 'In their hands they shall bear you up, Lest you dash your foot against a stone.'" Hebrews 1:14 says, Are they not all ministering spirits sent forth to minister for those who will inherit salvation?

And remember the story in 2 Kings 6, where Elisha prayed that his servant's eyes would be opened to see the great host of angelic protection around them to defeat the enemy: "Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them" (v. 16).

But Wait, There's More!
Hebrews 12:1 tells us that there's a grandstand of saints in heaven watching you and rooting for you: We are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us.

Not only that, but you are part of a family (Eph. 3:15), a body of believers. It's up to you to avail yourself to them, giving and receiving. The body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ...now indeed there are many members, yet one body...you are the body of Christ, and members individually (1 Cor. 12:12,20,27).

And last, but by no means least, you are never alone because the great Holy Spirit lives in you! In John 14 Jesus promised, I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever...you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you (This so is far the one verse in the bible that gives me the most comfort!)(vv.16, 17). First Corinthians 6:19 says, Your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you.

So let Romans 8: 38, 39 be your heart's cry of faith, I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate me from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus my Lord. You're never alone!

·
Registered
665 Posts
:clap Great post! Thank you again, justpassinby!

I've always had a lot of negative thoughts like this. And I thought that they were, well, just my thoughts, and I believed them. Then, I had a friend who told me, "Those feelings of hopelessness come from Satan." Of course! I don't know why I didn't see it sooner! Satan--the Father of Lies--is prowling around looking for someone to devour, so it just makes sense that he would use our thoughts against us. And what better way to get us off-track than to tell us that we are unlovable, all alone, and that we might as well give up because there isn't any hope left for us? It is a whole lot easier to disregard these thoughts when you know that they are lies.

I am constantly reminding myself, "God loves me! He is with me! And He is for me!" It brings me such comfort!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.