Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Little Winged One
6,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They can be living or dead. Who would you invite? I'd invite-Abraham Lincoln,President Obama,Truman Capote,Andy Warhol and Robin Williams (but only if he promises not to hog the conversation). Who would you invite???

·
resident classicist
4,408 Posts
Socrates
Cicero
Leonardo da Vinci
Oscar Wilde
Nikola Tesla

Socrates and Cicero would probably get into a philosophical debate, Leonardo and Tesla would talk about technology, and Wilde would make clever quips combining the two separate circles.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Hard to say. But I know for sure Obama isn't on the guest list.

1. Robert Nozick
2. John Bogle
3. Bruce Dickinson
4. Wayne LaPierre
5. George Carlin

·
Little Winged One
6,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay-UltraShy,this is probably a sign of my ignorance,but I only know of George Carlin-who are the others??

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Okay-UltraShy,this is probably a sign of my ignorance,but I only know of George Carlin-who are the others??
1. Robert Nozick -- dead for several years. He was a philosophy professor at Harvard. Best known for his 1973 book "Anarchy, State and Utopia" -- probably the most famous book on libertarian philosophy.

2. John Bogle -- age 80. Founder of Vanguard, the nation's lowest cost & second largest mutual fund company. He was CEO & Chairman of Vanguard from 1974-1996, stepping down as CEO when he got a heart transplant after decades of heart problems. Departed as Chairman at required retirement age of 70. Author of a number of books on investing. He made a career out of the the stunningly simply idea that costs matter. Responsible for creating the first index fund available to retail investors.

3. Bruce Dickinson - Lead singer of Iron Maiden from 1981-1992 & again from 1999-now. During those years he was gone he pursued a solo career, producing some highly regarding albums. Generally considered one of the best vocalists in the world of metal.

4. Wayne LaPierre -- Executive Vice President of NRA. Click on the link in my sig line and you'll see Wayne.

5. George Carlin

·
Little Winged One
6,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UltraShy-Well,glad to see you at least have a few interests that don't require ammunition!!!

·
The way out is through.
171 Posts
1. Marilyn Manson
2. George Carlin
3. Jesus
4. Jenna Jameson
5. Friedrich Nietzsche

Imagine the conversations!

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Ani Difranco

Can't think of four more right now, I'll edit this later if I come up with more.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
1. Richard Dawkins
2. Charles Darwin
3. Brian Flemming
4. Giordano Bruno
5. Gene Roddenberry

Epic dinner conversation there.

·
Registered
330 Posts
1. Natalie Portman
2. Hayao Miyazaki
3. Giada De Laurentiis
4. Anthony Bourdain
5. Asia Carrera

And just in case one of them couldn't make it, I'd have Mr. Norm Augustinus on stand-by. Should make for an interesting conversation. :D

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
1. Albert Einstein
2. Jesus Christ
3. Jodie Foster
4. Lyoto Machida
5. Buddha

·
A Living Woman
3,464 Posts
I would invite...