Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What the heck does that mean? Today at school I told my friend that I was finally going to ask the teacher for help and raise my hand (because I NEVER raise my hand to ask questions in class). He replied, "Your too innocent to do anything," kinda in a joking matter. But what does that mean? Is it like some sort of insult? If someone calls you "innocent" what do they mean? Have you ever been called "innocent" before?

·
Registered
258 Posts
I've been told something like that quite a bit. Basically people think you're too passive to say something or react. I've been told stuff like "you're too nice" or "really innocent". People see kindness as something to take advantage of.

·
Meek
447 Posts
^ what angel said. I get this a lot too...annoying as I'm sure none of us are ACTUALLY totally passive and naive - it's just a communication thing.

·
Brand New Day
151 Posts
I agree with others. I'm like "Well, then I guess you're not innocent? WTH?" How about being to told "Don't be so shy!" because you are walking slow to a person. How does my slow walk mean I'm shy (which I am)? Maybe I was just tired!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I once had a girl comment that I was "too sweet to handle." I think she was just trying to joke with me, but I get annoyed when people think I'm too sensitive or fragile to handle any other sort of joking :/ Do you ever feel left out when people you know are taking jabs at each other playfully, but to you they just say, "Oh, I would never say that to you! You're too nice."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts