Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi.
I believe social anxiety is only a symptom of a greater emotional disorder. and to get SA there must of been a trigger like a negative comment or an embarrassing incident (early in our lives in most cases), or some major traumatic happening has left us with ''negative thought scars''.
The thought scars then cause us to be subconsciously troubled by even though we may have long forgotten the original ''trigger''. For ever after we are then at the mercy of the subconcious mind telling us we are in for a bad time with new people, because this social setting ''may turn bad''. (like it did in the trigger) As we know nearly all of the time nothing bad ever happens!

any thoughts? :b

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi! I think it was during my primary school days(I live in Singapore). I can't really remember how it started or what happened exactly during those days. I only remember being left out and being a loner which made me feel very embarrassed and the dread of going recess alone or when the teacher asks us to get into groups. I hate to always be that one person without a certain clique to join? I guess I was pretty self-conscious and also had low self-esteem so didn't really mix around....

·
Registered
10,503 Posts
I think my SA was caused by genetics, over protected parent's, and growing up in a place were they didn't like outsiders much. Very close knit where I grew up and also full of people that didn't like people different from them. I have been an outsider all of my life and I still am due to moving to a place like where I grew up. I use to get insulted a lot, and people would tell untruths about me and my family.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts