Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Which life do you have?

• Dozen friends and up, barely shy at all, has a good education, has a good job, goes to parties.

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Several friends, a little shy, has finished\currently in college, has a job.

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • A few friends, pretty shy, has finished high school, has a job.

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • One or 2 friends, super shy, finished high school.

Votes: 28 43.8%
  • No friends, really anxious, high school drop out, no job.

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • No friends, leaves a few times a month, can't have a conversation, high school drop out, no job.

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • No friends, leaves a few times a year, barely has a conversation, no education.

Votes: 3 4.7%
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So which are you?

The friends are considered real life only.

Do it from left to right, the left ones are more important than the right ones. So you can forget the one or two on the right, if the left ones are more accurate.

I'd be the last one if I wasn't getting stupid, useless counseling now.

·
giggling ******
11,070 Posts
One or 2 friends, super shy, finished high school.

Also "finished" college, meaning they gave me a diploma for something.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
None of the above.

I'd be in the no friends category, but all of your choices in that range require limited education. I graduated from college back in 1995.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I have no friends but I do have a man who i'm engaged to - i'm also educated as I did have a life before SA took a hold of me.

I cannae leave the house alone but things are looking up. I can see how it'd be easy for me to get so depressed at my situation but I refuse to do so, that'll just make things ten times worse.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Mix of them

A few friends, pretty shy, finished high school(looking to go back to school), currently out of a job.

·
Geese
20,768 Posts
Combination of top 2, plenty of friends, education and soon job but struggle with shyness, parties and confidence.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I have one friend, finished high school, am in college, no job... ever. I chose the 4th one

·
breaking free
2,171 Posts
I'm overcoming my SA (there are more times where I feel outgoing now than when I feel shy), but I still have no friends. I live in a small town where everybody is already really close and it is extremely tough to make friends. Most of the people here are polite to me, but they don't give a crap about becoming friends with me (i.e. I will start talking in a conversation, and they will answer me, and then continue talking like I am not even there. I will say something again, and the process repeats itself.).

It does make me kind of frustrated, but making friends takes time. Right now, I am just focusing on all the people that have been nice to me, instead of the ones who have been kind of rude. I know that I will meet nice people who will accept me for who I am sometime in the future. I'm not going to give up being outgoing and trying to meet new people. Otherwise I might never meet these nice people.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
No friends, pretty shy, in college, no job. I can talk to people, and have several acquaintances, but nobody I could call a friend.

·
Registered
18,888 Posts
- no friends
- extremely shy/SA
- partial college education (going back in September)
- have a job (work from home)
- little to no social life (not counting family, I "socialize" at a rate of about three times a year - former co-workers who invite me out - maybe that'll change come September...)

·
Registered
928 Posts
"No friends, leaves a few times a month, can't have a conversation, high school drop out, no job."

·
(.*?)
6,695 Posts
Never had an offline friend, have college degree, self-employed, goes outside every few days but only has conversations every few months with family (and online).

·
Viva La Raza!
34,841 Posts
i have a girlfriend so i suppose one friend, barely shy at all thanks to self-improvement, college drop out, have a job, only go out with my girlfriend

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
A few friends, pretty shy, has finished high school, college degree, has a job.

.....working toward the dozen one,

·
anhedonic
2,005 Posts
"One or 2 friends, super shy, finished high school."
Although the one "friend" I have, I rarely see or talk to her.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts