Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Live. Laugh. Learn
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What were your firsts of 2012? Could be anything from first breakfast to first shower, to first TV show you watched, to first place you went to outside your house.

Me
First time waking up in 2012 was around 8AM
Browse the Internet for like an hour
First piss around 9:20AM

Eating my first breakfast of the year right now, and it's Frosted Flakes.
First song I listened to was Danny Brown's Die Like A Rockstar. His mixtape album, XXX, is also the first album I listened to for the year, by default I suppose.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
my first really negative thought of 2012:

"Ugh, 2012 thread, the pressure of having to accomplish something soon"

^no offense, I'm pleasantly surprised that this is about regular firsts, not huge things we're supposed to have accompished

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Woke to my first internet connection failure of 2012... a browser hijacking... fun way to start 2012... with fast and furious scanning and fixing. Got it cleared... I hope... time to get things backed up and maybe reformat the hard drive for the new year.

·
Live. Laugh. Learn
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
About to take my first shower of 2012 in a few minutes. Gonna feel good rubbin soap all my body.

·
Laughing Stock
1,532 Posts
LOL foe. Yeah took my first shower of 2012 today, can't believe I hadn't showered since last year, such a tramp.

·
Banned
2,619 Posts
Was at a New Years eve Bash at a place called Philthy MCNasty's with a social group I just joined up with. HAPPY NEW YEAR to you guys by the way, I really wish I could tell you that I was a social butterfly and I provided entertainment and exciting conversation but I'll be honest my anxiety was really kicking into high gear, I did initiate conversation with a group of women from the group who had come in with me by introducing myself but only after I saw Steve actually talk to them, then I went up said Hi and said my name was Chad they looked at me a while and than told me there names and I asked them how long they had been part of the group and how often they came out?

One of them said she'd been in the group 3 years and only came out on occasion, maybe I'm reading too much into it but one of them gave me perplexed look I don't know what it meant but I must have sounded awkward I am not going to analyze the situation or beat myself up about it cause I don't know for sure. I asked if they played pool and one of them mentioned that she did and then they started a conversation.

I sat there mixed for words at what to say next, ended up walking around and sometimes even standing around alone eventually a guy came up to me and asked me how long I'd been in the group, I said tonight was my first night joining.

I asked him the same thing and he said 6 months and I inquired since it was still early how many people were going to show up and he mentioned over 200, I asked him about the food and he told me what I could order, after he saw a friend of his and he walked away.

I stood around watching the world junior championship hockey game on the screen and than went to the bar, I couldn't remember half the drinks and I kept thinking I'd like to try something stronger than a beer, I asked the bar tender who was a really cute brown haired girl with one of those little girl voices you hear on tv.

walked around a lot watched while other people who already knew each other from before mixed and mingled spent most of the time talking to that bar tender and what was nice was that she actually looked at me and smiled.

I eventually ordered a rum and coke, after I ordered a beer it was about 4.00 a special, went back to the table with the ladies and there was a guy there now and they were laughing at somethings he was saying and I pretended that I was watching the pool game that had now developed between some guys that had come, I highly doubt they were part of the group, they were those guys you usually see in bars not type casting but it's true, I think the one guy was the son of the older gentlemen that was there.

I slowly started to slide into the convo by introducing myself to the guy that was talking to the ladies and we talked about signs and when he mentioned he loves Astronomy I mentioned you and he smiled and asked where I'm from I said here in Toronto and of course he said no I mean where are you from and I said I was born here in Canada again parents are from SA and than he said he'd been there and he went back to talking to the ladies about some stuff that made them laugh, he got up to get some noise makers for us, the two ladies next to me went to go I guess powder their noses.

I talked to the lady I had asked about playing pool, I mentioned I had heard something about someone being from Hamilton but she said she didn't know, I mentioned the music which was prince and Michael Jackson later on they got into some Wang Chung you know that song Everybody get down tonight etc, lots of dance hits.

Later on after some standing around, walking around, no one was on the dance floor yet I watched as more and more and more and more people arrived eventually filling the room, some were dressed up in tuxedo's others in dresses and some just in dress shirts like myself, I didn't even know who was from the group, I wasn't even sure by that point who belonged to the group, walked around looking and looking to see and along the way I stumbled into a guy from Seattle who was visiting and had been invited by Lee one of the guys there and Ilana we started talking.

Actually that was the nice part of the night talking to them, they were very friendly and we talked about the music and how long they'd been members and I asked them when they were going to get out on the floor and they said when the music got a little better.

than a whole crowd of people showed up, the guys set up a pool game but they weren't from the group, they played a game and I watched and went back to talking to Lee, Mike and Illana I bought a Pitcher for them and we talked about where they worked they were Designers and soft ware developers and Illana was a working as a assistant at some company I'm not even sure the name of, when it came to me I said I needed to go I don't know how to explain my situation and went and met back up with the guy I had met earlier. We talked about where he was from Missisagua like my sister Sandy, kind of rushing through this I need to get ready soon for Wendy.

Everyone got out on the floor and all the guys were dancing with the women, I got out there alone of course and started dancing and eventually I danced with a group of people and than spoke to Steve who was the DJ that night he's the guy that runs the group, watched some hockey ordered another drink by the cute bartender and I asked her favorite drink and it's Sex on the Beach so a group of girls talking to her as well ordered that and I was so nervous though.

I didn't really know what to say or how to say it and so between some awkward convo I just walked around eventually I ordered food and met another group of people and this guy who had been walking around in a tuxedo walked up to me and introduced me to a lady sitting next to him and teased her about going home with me which made me laugh shyly, I put my head down and than looked up at the lady and introduced myself but she went back to talking to another guy there while that guy in the tux spoke to me, I told him he was really dressed in style for the occasion.

I did end up kissing someone but it was an older I guess European one blond haired she did that 3 kisses thing, she kisses one cheek I kiss one cheek, she kisses the other cheek I kiss the other cheek and than one kiss on the mouth and that was it and the other bartender gave us a shot of wine and we toasted each other.

I have to head out now otherwise I would fix up the grammar etc lol first actual thing I did of 2012 was kiss that blonde lady

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
I already had my first night of no sleep.

First getting up was at 4:30am.

First walk was from 5:50-6:10am. I started my first load of laundry before 7am.

First block of wasted time (aside from the time in bed spent not sleeping) started about two hours ago and has not yet ended.

·
c'est moi
5,889 Posts
Nineish - first wakeup
Nine thirtyish - first coffee
Around 10 AM - first fight of the year (nice early start "ugh!")
11:45 or so - first SAS logon

·
Banned
295 Posts
First show: Transformers G1 on the hub. First food: chocolate Captain Crunch
First poop: about a half hour ago First drink: Some Goya soda

·
argh
468 Posts
Well, my mom called me a b*tch and my grandma asked when I was getting married. :clap So, the year is off to a great start! Really, I'm not deterred. I reset my last.fm charts, and I've been listening to my iPod off and on. I'm about to go check the oil in my car.

Edited to add: So to sum it up: first curse and first uninvited question from my dear grandma. First song downloaded: You by Creep feat. Nina Skyyyyyy. First oil check!

·
Banned
12,909 Posts
Listened to this

1 - 20 of 34 Posts