• December

Votes: 10 13.5%
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's your favorite month, and why?

Mine would have to be May because spring is in full bloom, everything in nature is coming alive, days are longer, weather is warm. I also have the entire summer before me.

·
Registered
18,888 Posts
January.

All the Christmas **** is over with and it's the start of a long holiday/birthday lull. Other than my stepmother's birthday at the end of January and that useless "Family Day" Ontario has in the middle of February, I don't have any birthday or holiday get-togethers to deal with until Easter.

I'd like the Fall months for the weather, but all the birthday and holiday get-togethers in those months just ruin them for me. That, and I start dreading the Christmas season weeks in advance.

Oh, and I love the dark. Looooong night hours, yes. January wins :)

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
June, cause it's my birthday month, it's the "prime time" of the year (since it's in the exact middle of the year), and it's right at the beginning of summer too!
Yeah, fall can be a nice relaxing and scenic break from the summer heat and action, but I always feel much more alive in the summer months.

·
poison apple
4,058 Posts
I like December the best because my birthday is at the beginning of the month, and I love the holiday season as well. November is 2nd b/c Thanksgiving and delicious foods.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
November... because Mid September - Mid October is bday hell..., then Halloween...

I like November because it cooler - I love fall, Thanksgiving is coming - I love all the colors of the season... Christmas is on it's way... but just far enough off still. There are thoughts of snow and hot cider and cinnamon and baking and turkey and leaves of every color everywhere and I love sweaters and jackets and flannel and blankets. I really miss snow... here in Florida - we don't get that but once every decade or so.

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
October.

Beautiful fall foliage, Halloween, apple picking, wild grapes, beautiful weather with no humidity!

559 Posts
I chose my birthday month, August, for obvious reasons. I also like that the weather is lovely and warm at this time, and that it is close to the beginning of fall before it gets to be too cool, which is perfect weather temp, IMO.

I also like August because it always leaves me with a zeal for life and my personal goals that I don't normally possess as much at other times of the year. Maybe it's because of my being used to having to buckle down and get serious about life due to my education usually starting around this time over all the years I've been in school, so this attitude might still be programmed in me for this reason, or maybe it's because my bday is around this time, and as I get older each year around this time I feel more pressure to make the most of my youth while I still have it since I am reminded of the fact I am getting older and losing time.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.