Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Bomb Diggity
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone really love clothes like making new outfits and just looking at them and such? Or even making them?

I really love clothes. I love making the outfits. I love DIY fashion. :] I just wish i could meet others interested in it too! and not all crazy about brand names just quality and things that really appeal to them.

What's your favorite type of fashion?

·
Registered
928 Posts
I dont really care for labels, I just go with what I like, I buy my clothes on ebay, Im pretty ecclectic with my tastes. I dont really fit into any one fashion style. But I am quite feminine with my tastes. Pinks and florals and frills and little girly stuff... I used to be all black and nothin else. But I found my feminine side. It all started with a pair of pink ballet shoes.
I LOVE SHOES! I have shoes in my closet I would NEVER wear, I just look at them. Mostly high heels that I cant even walk in. Im saddened that my ballet shoes with ribbons laces are falling apart from too much love, and my bunny chewed them. I must put them to rest, theyve loved me for a year now, I shall have to give them to bunny. :(

As per usual, the man in my life doesnt get it and asks me why I have shoes if Im not going to wear them. lol.

My fave shoes:

Bye bye, these have been the best shoe ever.. (By Zoe Wittner Design)

My fave heels..

(A knock off of Christian Louboutin) Satin with diamontes on the bow.

I love Christian Louboutin but could never afford a pair of his shoes.

·
Bomb Diggity
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont really care for labels, I just go with what I like, I buy my clothes on ebay, Im pretty ecclectic with my tastes. I dont really fit into any one fashion style. But I am quite feminine with my tastes. Pinks and florals and frills and little girly stuff... I used to be all black and nothin else. But I found my feminine side. It all started with a pair of pink ballet shoes.
I LOVE SHOES! I have shoes in my closet I would NEVER wear, I just look at them. Mostly high heels that I cant even walk in. Im saddened that my ballet shoes with ribbons laces are falling apart from too much love, and my bunny chewed them. I must put them to rest, theyve loved me for a year now, I shall have to give them to bunny. :(

As per usual, the man in my life doesnt get it and asks me why I have shoes if Im not going to wear them. lol.

My fave shoes:

Bye bye, these have been the best shoe ever.. (By Zoe Wittner Design)

My fave heels..

(A knock off of Christian Louboutin) Satin with diamontes on the bow.

I love Christian Louboutin but could never afford a pair of his shoes.
Yeah I never showed my feminine side for years until now. I mainly shop online as well! I always find the best clothes there and the shoes!
Those shoes are so pretty. It's too bad things can't last forever especially things you love!

I love shoes it's just hard for me to find the cutest ones in my size. [pouts] I tend to buy them and just keep them with me to look at lol

·
Done with SA
1,818 Posts
I love clothing, mainly socks, purses, and shoes.

In fact, Aurora, I love those first two pairs of shoes. I'd probably like the other ones, too, but they are pink... still lovely, though.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yes! I love fashion. Especially accessorizing and putting an outfit together where you just feel cute.

I also hit up the thrift store and find some old thrown out tops and find a way to make them look stylish. :)

I get a lot of inspiration from lookbook.nu

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
I couldn't care less about fashion and it shows. Right now I'm wearing a sweatshirt that I had back in high school, which would mean it's older than some SAS members.

·
Banned
4,722 Posts
Does anyone really love clothes like making new outfits and just looking at them and such? Or even making them?

I really love clothes. I love making the outfits. I love DIY fashion. :] I just wish i could meet others interested in it too! and not all crazy about brand names just quality and things that really appeal to them.

What's your favorite type of fashion?
That could've been written by me! I know exactly what you mean. I like lots of colour, pretty patterns and prints, nice fabrics, handmade things, vintage things, classic make-up (fresh-looking skin and my favourite shade of red lipstick) and antique jewellery. I love, love, love playing around with clothes and outfits! I could spend all day looking for things on ebay and etsy. Actually, I quite often do that :) I love looking individual. So happy to have found this thread. Yay!

·
Registered
604 Posts
lol I am forced into fashion. My sister is a fashion designer and goes to Parsons in NYC. She keeps me on track. She made me obsess about fashion. One thing I hate are trends. I never do trends. I stick to classic timeless pieces. I love to mix-match and take inspiration from different fashion shows I view on style.com. I usually wear really subdued colors and I only wear prints that aren't loud lol. I wouldn't say I'm very feminine. Most of my stuff is structured and clean-cut with some edge by adding weird accessories. I am obsessed with weird and unusual rings though that I find on ebay. I love purses/bags though and from time to time I indulge in designer items.

Aurora I love those shoes!!

·
Registered
529 Posts
I couldn't care less about fashion and it shows. Right now I'm wearing a sweatshirt that I had back in high school, which would mean it's older than some SAS members.
eeeeww grosss UltraShy ... ha ha jk ... I wear that stuff working on or laying around the house

I might have to say hello & hollar at the fashionistas once in a while if you all don't mind.
Guys seem secretive about what they wear & where they get it & you can't trust stores to not just try to sell you anything or match what you are already wearing even if looks bad.
GQ mag suits & such would seem odd at the movies & grocery store. Casual & clean I guess is my target. Just would like occasional honest opinion on an outfit or maybe what's popular or you like on guys. I promise not to be worrisome & you're welcome to ignore me. :) ... thanks

·
resident classicist
4,408 Posts
I like fashion. I usually just wear jeans and a shirt, but I try to make it more interesting with playing with colors, layers, accessories, etc.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hehe yeah.. I am stuck sometime in my high school period for the most part. I still like to wear jeans, hoodies and chucks.

I don't even know how to 'dress up' like most girls do. Those girls who know how to go from every day to fancy make up and dresses, nice hair. I can't do that. I end up looking, well, exactly the same. Also, I am tall, taller than my husband, so I never wear heels. I think if I could have a style (and know how to do it) it would be very retro pin up girl, marilyn monroe-esque. That's what I would love to do, if the proper hair and makeup wasn't so beyond me, lol.

·
Bomb Diggity
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow! I am impressed with the feedback to be honest! :]

alipaige - I love going to the thrift store and doing the same thing! If they don't look exactly how I want I tend to either adjust them with sewing or something. I looked at the site and I LOVE it! Thanks! :boogie

tutliputli - I love everything you just described haha! I find myself looking on etsy CONSTANTLY. I totally prefer original over trendy and antiques are just wonderful. There's this one site I found like Etsy but they're only in UK and I was so upset they had some great items.

Alone42Long - I know what you mean. It can be hard to know what to wear. I did a lot of my research online to find out what suited me best and everything and you can totally come back and ask whatever you want. I'll try to help! Can't trust retail people. They'll tell you ANYTHING looks good.

Keirelle - Well you shouldn't let anything stop you. Do a lot of research online or even on youtube. The internet is FULL of answers. I did all of my research online for tons of things and I got a lot of answers. If you want you could even just practice at home when you have like a day off and just do that until you perfect it and feel confident enough to wear it outside. That's usually what I do.:yes

shyvr6 - The internet is a great resource my friend! You can learn anything!! ANYTHING!! If you need any sites.. I can totally give you some.:D

Hellosunshine - At least you know what you like and don't let anything stop you. I love that about people. I tend to go for weird and unusual for some things. Especially some weird clothing.

bezoomny - I love to play with colors. I tend to wear jeans most times too. :)

I have a lot of sites that deal with clothing and fashion and such and may help give you ideas if you want it that is.. I'm so happy!

·
Potato
1,002 Posts
Tusenskona: Do you sell your DIY stuff on ebay? That stuff sells GREAT there.

I don't really follow "Today's Fashion" but I have my own style, and when I'm shopping, certain things will grab my attention. I have kind of a toned down rocker/goth style. Sometimes I wish I could just make or alter my own clothes, but I HATE sewing and completely suck at it. It's just hard to scroll through 20,000 pages on ebay and not find exactly what I'm looking for, for the right price, in the right size, color...

·
beech plees
1,290 Posts
One thing I hate are trends. I never do trends. I stick to classic timeless pieces. I love to mix-match and take inspiration from different fashion shows I view on style.com. I usually wear really subdued colors and I only wear prints that aren't loud lol. I wouldn't say I'm very feminine. Most of my stuff is structured and clean-cut with some edge by adding weird accessories. I am obsessed with weird and unusual rings though that I find on ebay. I love purses/bags though and from time to time I indulge in designer items.

Aurora I love those shoes!!
This describes me but lately I've segued from grays, blacks, and navy to khaki, olive, beige and summer colors. My tailored items are now looser, casual and draped, but I think I made a few purchases that I won't be using. Some DIY stuff I've seen on forums looks great, maybe I'll be doing that with them. I buy anything from thrift items to fast-fashion brands like Mango and Zara, and from designer items I think I've liked the casual sweaters and tops from Ralph Lauren.

What I lack most are: shoes. I'm horribly picky about them and there aren't really many good ones in my country that don't cost a lot.

Tusen you should make a fashion group if there isn't one, I'd love to join :)

·
Bomb Diggity
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Darkangel - No I haven't sold my DIY stuff yet. I'm too much in love with them to sell them. I wear them a lot haha! Maybe one day if I feel confident enough I will consider it! It's great you know what your style is and everything. I definitely don't like everything in a store it seems only certain things will catch my eye.

Crystalline - Haha I wish I knew designer names but I don't. I just know what looks good to me I guess..I lack shoes too! I'm SUPER picky about shoes. Very much so and I'm afraid of ruining them. I suck at walking in high heels too.. I could use them though. I'm so short..

I should make a fashion group!!:clap

·
Bomb Diggity
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I made a fashion group!
The link is down below in my signature :]

·
Call Me !!!!
4,066 Posts
Yeah i'm a clothes ***** too.

Not necessarily a sucker for labels just as long as it looks real good.

I'll cringe if i see someone wearing the same item of clotheing as me though lol so i try to keep it fresh n unique .

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
My style is strange because I was influenced and learned style from A Devil Wears Prada type of girl. I made it work after some work, kinks and expermentation. It's a mix a classy Euro look mixed with a laid-back California style. So I look awesomely stylish while looking laid-back and not looking too preppy. For most, it's a disaster waiting to happen, but I somehow made it work.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts