Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
A Person
5,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So alot of people on this forum want to be accepted and adored and to have friends but they don't know how. Well I'm here to tell you a tip I just learnt so I hope it helps you all!!:clap

Basically, all you need to do is buy a puppy and walk around with it. You'll get people coming up to you, talking to you, being nice to you, and wanting to know you because of your sweet adorable puppy!!

So there we have it, it's a really simple thing to do. Even people that dont like dogs like puppies, i mean who wouldn't? So buy a puppy and prepared to be accepted by society :) I hope this helps for you..

·
Recovery/"Over it"
3,391 Posts
Not worth having to look after a puppy.

·
Audacious romantic
4,496 Posts
Hm, that's an extraordinary approach but I like it. However, it won't resolve all your SA-related problems. But it might be helpful as a way of getting out of your shell and smiling to the world.

·
Banned
6,324 Posts
Isn't it the puppies they like, not the owners?

·
Reposed in awesomeness...
2,278 Posts
A lot of people on this site are narcissists of the Elliot Rodger variety. Not that I mean they are knife wielding maniacs but that they want attention but don't seam to know how to go about getting it. So they come here and gripe about how unfair everything is. They think that their dissatisfaction with not being adore enough by the rabble is synonymous with social anxiety. Which it isn't...

·
Buried at Sea
5,104 Posts
Just in case this thread isn't a joke, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD don't get a dog just because you think people will like you.

·
SAS Member
8800 blue lick road
42,179 Posts
Didn't you make this thread earlier but talking about how people should go to youth hostels to get sex :con instead of the puppy thing? Or did you edit it?

Puppies are cute but I don't want one right now.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My philosophy is that:

Instead of getting others to like us, like other people first.

This also goes hand-in-hand: unhappy people can't make others happy.

·
We all deserve something.
1,786 Posts
Yea, puppies is a good way to attract people over to you, but if you're socially retarded you probably won't get very far when it comes to making friends, although it is probably good practice, so it could be good still.

·
Truckin'
132 Posts
well instead of buying a puppy, I'm sure you could volunteer for the local animal shelter as a dog walker, or offer to walk a neighbors or a friends dog... then you get the perks of having a dog in public, and don't have to really take care of him...

plus when people ask about the dog you can start talking about your volunteer work, which always makes you sound good!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts