Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some days ago, I asked the number of this cute cashier. As you could see in my previous thread, I made a complete fool of myself by going 'kthxbye' and leaving the store like a tornado.

The reason I got turned down is, according to her, because she already has a boyfriend.

I went back another time after that embarassing scene and ignored her (read: do my very best not to make eye contact with her)

I can't get her out of my head though. I still want to get to know her, but as a FRIEND, not as a girlfriend seeing as she's already taken.

However, I believe I no longer stand a chance to become a friend of hers. She already has the feeling I just want her to be my girlfriend seeing as I asked for her digits straight away and ran off when she said she's not single.

I should have stayed and said that it's no problem and that we could just be friends, but I bailed instead because I figured the whole store was looking at me getting turned down and I instantly felt like an utter fool.

Do you guys reckon there is any way I can still fix something and get to know her, or did I irreversibly mess this up and should I leave her alone?

·
insert witty comment here
6,235 Posts
I would leave it. It is kind of normal that guys ask for numbers, get turned down and then leave quickly. Nothing too embarrassing about that, really. It happens all the time.

Now that you asked for her number you can't really befriend her. How would that work?

I wouldn't talk to her again. You might be perceived as desperate if you do. Don't do that to yourself.

Edit: ADD: Also, just thinking.... if you live in a small town then be particularly careful about talking to her again. You don't want to get a reputation for not leaving her alone.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
That was a very courageous thing you did to try to get her number. And you went back to the store after your perceived fiasco. That took guts as well. Maybe you could approach her again when there are fewer people in the store, but let some time go by so it won't look desperately creepy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
ive always thought it would be really weird/odd to ask out someone at their workplace, i figure any cute cashier is already being hit on a million times a day by customers. due to that i never ask out anyone at there work even if we kinda hit it off.

BUT

after 20+ years of never making an effort to hit on chicks at their work place, I asked out the nurse at a doctors visit and she said ya and we went on a sweet as date!!!

also next time your at the store
1. you feel confident and are having a good day, go in her line and act normal, make pleasant conversation, maybe you might even make her luagh and what not... and just leave it as that
2. you feel nervous not good about it then go to another line and wait another day to fix it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts