Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Retired Enforcer
19,113 Posts
Actually you're getting old when you get invited to the wedding of someone who's diapers you used to change.

·
Registered
154,228 Posts
I know I am old because I can remember when there were only 4 TV channels, CBS, ABC,NBC and PBS. That's in the US.
I remember that! What was FOX? Um, the MOVIE company ONLY? :lol
Sprinter - how did we ever cope without the Internetz? :lol

·
Registered
10,735 Posts
I remember when phones were all land lines and you dialed them instead of pressing buttons. The ringer was an actual bell inside the phone.
Some people had party lines. Luckily, we didn't have one, but other people in town did. One of the people my mom use to visit had a shared a line with the town gossip. When my mom would go over there to visit her, me and my mom's friends nephew would listen to the conversation. We would end up snickering and they would yell out, "you kids get off the phone."

·
resident classicist
4,408 Posts
I'm shocked that boy-band singers are my age now. :|

·
Registered
154,228 Posts
The pound sign and asterisk buttons were decorations.
ROTARY phones!!!
Oh, and the multi-line phones with the big white plastic light buttons - the big red hold button. I have always wanted to use one of those :lol.

***When college students asked me what happened during the First Gulf War in 1991! :fall

·
Fitting In Here & There
807 Posts
I know I am old because I can remember when there were only 4 TV channels, CBS, ABC,NBC and PBS. That's in the US.
Yes! That's right....and when I see my cable bill, I add, "Kids today don't know--remember when TV was actually FREE!?! All you had to do was go out and buy one, plug it in, walk across the room (no remote) and turn it on!!!":mum

There's so much crap on there, IT SHOULD STILL BE FREE!

·
Fitting In Here & There
807 Posts
Also I know I'm old because I think the idea of people going around with their own individual phone bills that go into the hundreds of dollars a month and these same people think it's normal to have to pay to talk to other humans, and they don't realize this is one of the biggest ripoffs in history--I think that's insane.

And I'm sure that makes me old and not up with the times!

When I was a teenager, a cell phone was the phone in jail.

·
Spread Your Wings
1,512 Posts
...when I still listen to songs that first came out around 1999-2000. I love the sound during those times!

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
I remember that! What was FOX? Um, the MOVIE company ONLY? :lol
Sprinter - how did we ever cope without the Internetz? :lol
Fox TV was launched on October 9, 1986, I was curious and looked it up. I knew it was sometime during the 1980s. HBO which I guess was the first real cable channel came out in 1972. I watched a lot of TV in the 60s so I can remember TV before that. I don't remember when cable became available in my area, probably late 70s. I got on the internet in 2000 before that I think I read a lot more books and magazines.:lol

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
The pound sign and asterisk buttons were decorations.
ROTARY phones!!!
Oh geez, my father still has one at his business. Customers are always offering to by his "antique" phone as a novelty! :lol

Actually, up until about 2yrs ago, we still used rabbit ears at my house, and that's all we could get, plus Fox 56 on clear days. You had to use the 2nd DIAL on the tv to get that one! Now we have satellite, cable was never an option as they have yet to lay cable lines in my town. Yeah, I live out in the sticks!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.