Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel "Normal" when i drink, i actually feel cured when im ****in wasted. When i drink instead of depressing me it stimulates me and makes me that energetic kid thats really inside, not that quiet kd.

So if they can thro alcohol in a pill. i'd take it everyday and get back a life.

Oh, and a question i'm debating with myself if i should go on an antidepressant. I was wondering if it would be REALLY bad or NOT THAT BAD if i drank on meds. I guess the thing is i dont wanna get rid of the closest thing that gets me to reality,

Its not as bad as u sound. ahahahaha.

Doc said when im ready. "ZOLOFT IT UP"

·
Registered
81 Posts
hey,
I'm with you on the booze thing - I love booze. The problem I have with it isn't while I'm drinking - and I don't even get hangovers. The problem is the cummulative effect of making me more depressed (severely) if I drink regularly.

I do also take antidepressants - a combo of two, actually. I know we aren't suppose to drink but I still do, although not as much and not as often as I had pre-meds. I don't recommend it, though - mostly because we have to know ourselves and every body and med combo will have a different result. I'd say you'd want to go easy if you did drink - sort of test it gradually. Some people get are more sensitive to alcohol, some get sick - some have terrible effects like seizures, etc..
There are lots of variables.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Im on effexor but i still drink sometimes. My doc. told me i might get drunk faster being on effexor, and theres more risk of passing out so to be careful. Actually, he told me i shouldnt drink at all, but its not like thats going to happen. Drinking is ok, the more you do it the less exciting it gets.

·
You can do this!
4,464 Posts
When I'm drunk, I go from being quiet and introspective, to being quiet and introspective and uncoordinated and dizzy. :stu Oh, it loosens me up a little, not that much though.

[soapbox]Please be careful with the booze.[/soapbox]

·
Registered
170 Posts
Drinking while taking medications is very bad for your liver because they must be broken down there. This puts it under twice the load, if not more, on your liver and alcohol is already very rough on it. On top of that alcohol is also a central nervous system depressant and will counteract some, if not all, of the benefit you are recieving from the antidepressant for at least a day after you drank.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I will admit that the only way I make it through most social situations, like going to my husband's gigs or the one time a month I make it out to see my best friend, is by drinking. I don't have to get drunk, just keep a buzz on, and keep a cigarette in my hand at all times. It's pathetic, unhealthy and totally the wrong way to deal, I know, but there you have it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Noliena,
You should meet up with us for an evening in Portland - me and another person from here are hoping to build a group. We met for the first time last night. It's freakish how easy it is to talk when you know the person in front of you is in the exact same boat. It would be great to have more people. :) (and yes, we drank..lol)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Wrennie said:
Noliena,
You should meet up with us for an evening in Portland - me and another person from here are hoping to build a group. We met for the first time last night. It's freakish how easy it is to talk when you know the person in front of you is in the exact same boat. It would be great to have more people. :) (and yes, we drank..lol)
That might be fun :) I have talked to my penpal in England on the phone, she has similar problems, and we had a really fun conversation. And I normally hate the phone, I avoid it as much as necessary, lol.

·
Registered
198 Posts
it's funny that i'm not a regular drinker, since it's more effective than anything else i've tried. alcohol in a pill would be great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts