Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Freedom is lurking
809 Posts
Yes. I mean I think so. Well, it's complicated. :sus

How did I cope. Or, more accurately, how am I coping. (It happened 3.5 months ago.) First, I never saw her again, and only talked/texted her once or twice. I introduced changes in my life. Real changes, long overdue. Gives me a feeling of being in control, I guess. I started to reevaluate my stance in life, and decided to try new things. I began questioning some of my wishes, desires and fears, in order to find myself. All in all, I think I handled it the right way. I started psychotherapy, for one.

I still think about her, but it's no longer as frustrating. What concerns me now is whether or not I should get back in touch with her, and what she thinks of me, but that's another story.

·
I have no heart!!
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes. I mean I think so. Well, it's complicated. :sus

How did I cope. Or, more accurately, how am I coping. (It happened 3.5 months ago.) First, I never saw her again, and only talked/texted her once or twice. I introduced changes in my life. Real changes, long overdue. Gives me a feeling of being in control, I guess. I started to reevaluate my stance in life, and decided to try new things. I began questioning some of my wishes, desires and fears, in order to find myself. All in all, I think I handled it the right way. I started psychotherapy, for one.

I still think about her, but it's no longer as frustrating. What concerns me now is whether or not I should get back in touch with her, and what she thinks of me, but that's another story.
I am in the exact same boat as you are, ive recently contacted her because im clerly not very strong but its still in the back of my mind how she hurt me and still is hurting me, im just not strong enough yet to stay away from her totaly

·
Freedom is lurking
809 Posts
Everybody's different, but from my experience, the longer you stay in contact, the harder it is to let go. Every time I contacted her I became very anxious until she replied. Not to mention obsessing every single day about her contacting me on her own.

·
I have no heart!!
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Everybody's different, but from my experience, the longer you stay in contact, the harder it is to let go. Every time I contacted her I became very anxious until she replied. Not to mention obsessing every single day about her contacting me on her own.
Exactly,,,, i used to send her a messege and wait for houirs sometimes and get excited when she replied. Its been 4 months since i talked to her but i sent her an email telling her i was still hurt about what she did. I didnt expect a reply but , to my susrpirise, she texted me back saying she is sorry. i want to talk to her but on the other hand , i know i cant go through that again

·
Freedom is lurking
809 Posts
I've been meaning to call my friend and go grab some coffee to catch up for a few weeks now, but I haven't done so yet because I'm not completely sure I'm over her. There may still be a small part of me that wants her back, so I'm not quite willing to risk it yet. If you're still hurting, you really should stay away for now, in my opinion.

·
I have no heart!!
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've been meaning to call my friend and go grab some coffee to catch up for a few weeks now, but I haven't done so yet because I'm not completely sure I'm over her. There may still be a small part of me that wants her back, so I'm not quite willing to risk it yet. If you're still hurting, you really should stay away for now, in my opinion.
Thats easier said then done lol- if she texts i dnt have the power to not reply right now

·
Banned
3,285 Posts
I figure the lifespan of a heart is 5 relationships gone bad. So if it's been broken five times, it's time to rebuild a new heart but leave the broken one still there figuratively as a reminder. That's what I did, and I still feel at times I'm being tested like this weekend when I get to deal with my gf's roommate and ex-boyfriend blocking her from calling me or talking to me.

·
Shy gamer chick
151 Posts
No. I'm guilty of breaking two hearts. I just felt lost in the relationship and I had to leave. And just didn't feel too comfortable being with those people. Both of them weren't on the same page as me. We just lacked the same common interests.

·
FAILURE
618 Posts
Yes, hurt like hell hurt worst than anything I have ever felt. the way coped was to be always with people (that was extremely hard being the introvert that I am) good thing at the time I was staying at a dorm room along with 2 of the best room mates you could ask for, they really helped me get through it and the load didn't seem to be that heavy when I was with them, I owe them a lot for that :)

·
Banned
438 Posts
I've had my heart broken but not by a female. IOW, not while in a relationship. I see females not hard to understand.... or please. They all want the same thing... but they don't all know what to give in exchange. Which one (as a male) instinctively does things that go outside of balance or mutual enjoyment.

how did you cope
The way I see it is that one just needs to be in control... that way you won't get your heart broken.

·
INTJ
211 Posts
By everyone I meet. I get too close to people.

Coping, I don't know. Eventually I calm down and learn how to be an individual again, and then I do it all over. My life has been a constant string of attaching myself to people who don't need me and having them cut the wire. Then I float to the next one, and do it again.

Don't build your sand castle next to the shore, I guess.

·
Freedom is lurking
809 Posts
Thats easier said then done lol- if she texts i dnt have the power to not reply right now
True. If mine does the same, I may be screwed too. I did tell her I needed to stay away back then, though, and I think she got it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts