Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi wonderful person

I guess what we all need is somebody who actually tells us that we are wonderful, and makes the effort to repeat it , so we may actually believe it.

But of course, the first person to initiate this change in us, must be ourselves :)

it can be done!!!!!

Anyway, my story: 25 year old, mother of a 5 year old, absolutely no deep friendships with anyone, i don't even ever have a sincere talk with my parents that i live with(they are too sarcastic/ negative/ unsupportive, critical), my ex was a verbal and emotional abuser (as my parents), my sister is the same as my parents, all in all, i have isolated myself from all these painful feelings others can create and I accept as part of normal life. My goal is to run away from all these people , but again, i self -sabotage a lot and never find a complete solution to my detrimental lifestyle. All i do home is read articles n the web, study for my college courses, spend time with my daaughter. I actully recently exchanged messages with a connection i met through a friend, but a bad gut feeling in my stomach says that i shouldn't because i woudn't know what to say or do to impress these people.

My goal is to be able to present myself as a decent person who is interesting and that is good-Enough...... but i still don't beleive it until I do it. And i still havent forced myself to prove that I am GooD.

help! i need to get out of my comfort zone soon but i dont know how

: ( sad for now but i will be happier later!!!! : ) there has to be coping skills against social anxiety that i can train myself in , and bring them to life in my social interactions.

Thank you for all your time and words!!! and don't forget you are one in a lifetime!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oops... forgot

this connection, a girl , says we should hang out soon... and i dont think i am ready to put myself out there. i dont even chat with her in facemash, although i should have the chat on, to become closer to her... i have not managed to build an emotional connection... could this be aspergers' or i learned aspergers from my parents...

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, Chaching777! :)

Yes - you are a wonderful person!

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey chaching777 welcome. :hyper

1 - 5 of 5 Posts