Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So why won't you date me?

Gah. I used to love hearing girls/people say that.

After hearing that for so many years I'm starting to get sick of it...... If i'm so nice why can't I have a steady relationship? Why don't I feel "nice" Why do I keep "creeping" girls away haha.

Does anybody else experience this?

Cheers,

jack

·
Registered
202 Posts
Haha, yea. I'm always told I'm nice, but for some odd reason, I have very few friends(no good\close ones anymore) online and none in real life, never a real relationship. Maybe that's just because I'm terrible at being human and having a conversation online, since online is where I do nearly all my conversations these days.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
my family tells me the same thing, about how great I am, though I think there are suppose to be genetically engineered to feel that way though.

·
Geese
20,769 Posts
Had that said to me so often it should be my name, always the nice guy never the one they actually want to be with. What a crock! Then I found out if I actually put in a little effort myself suddenly it all became so easy, but finding that courage is like digging through granite with a tooth pick.

·
SAS Member
31,285 Posts
They probably say that because you're already in the friend zone. Or it might be code word for boring and they aren't looking for that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They probably say that because you're already in the friend zone. Or it might be code word for boring and they aren't looking for that.
Lol good call on the hidden meaning.

I'm using that next time somebody says it.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
I get that too. They're just trying to let you down nicely. It's still a rejection though so it still hurts. But at least they didn't say something like "leave me the hell alone ****face!" or completely ignore you.

·
doesn't care
559 Posts
I always take it as "i'm not attracted to you, but you're nice".

So, I don't really think much of it. So what, you know?

·
UnDeRrAtED
34,710 Posts
I usually have my family and some people tell me im a great guy, good guy, nice guy, smart, mature, timid, and just to be nice.

·
Registered
52 Posts
It could be that it's not code for anything at all. I know a lot of people that are extremely nice/cool/whatever that I am not attracted to, and I'm sure you all do, too. The only time it would necessarily have to be considered a dismissal is if it's given as a response when you ask a person out. Otherwise, it doesn't make sense to take it as an insult when what they're saying to you is a compliment.

I understand the frustration that comes with not having a partner, but maybe the only reason nobody has dated you was because they just haven't thought about you that way and not because they find you repulsive somehow. I can't offer any advice for getting thought about as a potential boyfriend, though. There are a lot of girls that actually like wallflowers, so there's still hope. It took me a long time to meet my husband, so I know what it's like waiting and it's very frustrating, but totally worthwhile.

Best of luck!

·
Banned
374 Posts
wow, that is exactly what my last girlfriend told me when she dumped my *** in the most horrible way possible. "i dont like you and im seeing another guy but... you are such a sweet great guy dont EVER change"

yeah right

·
Banned
133 Posts
So why won't you date me?

Gah. I used to love hearing girls/people say that.

After hearing that for so many years I'm starting to get sick of it...... If i'm so nice why can't I have a steady relationship? Why don't I feel "nice" Why do I keep "creeping" girls away haha.

Does anybody else experience this?

Cheers,

jack
"Great" or "nice" are words that are sometimes used to describe people that people don't know what else to say about them and who don't want to hurt their feelings. Sorry if this was hard to hear, but I remember finding myself in that situation in the past. Women use these terms to describe men who lack confidence in themselves. How do you get out of it? Develop self-confidence and don't take crap from other people by finding what it is that you are good at and passionate about, and when you have success you will be okay. "Aviationboy" mentioned that girlfriend said he was great and nice, but that she was seeing another guy! Don't let a girl take advantage of you this way! Either dump her *** when you find out or let her know that you are not okay with what she did! Confidence is the key and "nice" and "great" are used to describe people whom we don't know what else to say about them. Get out there and make a difference and make a name for yourself is what I did and it worked; it took a couple years, but it worked.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts