Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
I done yoga pretty consistently for 5 years now, if I ever make a career change, I'd be a yoga instructor. It helps with a lot of things, being able to clear the mind and focus on the moment. It helps you prevent injuries, increase pain tolerance and have overall well-being. My flexibility increased ten-fold, when I first started I couldn't bend down far enough to touch my ankles. Now I could bend down and put palms flat with no effort. I practice on my own as well as attend classes. You could learn through a DVD, but it's hard to get feedback on your poses. As you refine your poses, that attention to detail is what help you get more advanced with each pose. and the structure helps in the classroom because at first, you focus on learning the poses. As you get better, you refine them by implementing tweaks, those little details. A classroom would help you focus on those details. You should go, you'd realize you'd be surrounded with like-minded people who focus on their own practice and there is nothing to fear, no need to be self-conscious of something you enjoy.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.