Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading this board for awhile and I thought it was about time to join up so I guess I should have an introductory post.
I guess on the outside I'm pretty normal. I am in my mid-20s, well educated and I have a decent job and a nice place. I am in good shape and apparently attractive (been told but I don't really believe it) but I just cannot connect with anyone. I'm pretty comfortable with a lot of people at work but it rarely ever extends beyond work. In the summer I play in an organized softball league and have a blast but it never goes beyond drinks after the game. I can connect with people on a superficial level because I love talking **** but I never feel a deep connection with anyone. I've had moments of sheer social inspiration and times where I had a healthy social life but it always falls off and I spend months and even years in almost total solitude. whenever I have a deep conversation with someone it feels great at the time but afterwards I go over it and feel like I embarassed myself and that that person hates me or thinks I'm a weirdo. I go through long stretches where I can barely haul my *** out the door or look anyone in the eye. I have one true friend who's endured for 6 years now but everyone has just faded out of the picture. I guess overall I keep myself content with books, movies and the gym but sometimes I just go numb and feel nothing. Anyway I hope that makes sense.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey IHeartSteveMcQueen welcome. :)

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, IHeartSteveMcQueen! :)