Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gah, every time I come home from the p-doc he always expects more. More drugs, different drugs, etc. He is certain that there is a combination that will work for me, and there may be, and he is not happy until I exhaust all combinations.

I understand his concern. Obviously, I want to get better too. The whole trial and error, combined with some side effects, rinse and repeat isn't the process I want to go through to get better though. I don't know, they haven't been all that successful in the past except for a few, and now they are causing more harm than good (benzos). Not to mention, I'm not much of a pill popper.

He's just dumbfounded that I don't keep trying when the possibility is out there.

I mean, the idea of coming up with that perfect combo is just great, but what if it takes 100 different combos and we're still trying for something else?

Kind of a rant post, just got lectured. :b

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I wish i had a p-doc like that!
I have seen two in the past and they were reluctant to prescribe much at all.
Always have to think of my own med cocktail and then actually try get them prescribed. I would take any pill that might help. This mental monster that i carry on my back must be curtailed by medication to some extent so I can face this beast via therapy or on my own.
If your working full time or something i can understand your getting sick of the whole trial and error thing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.