Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, this younger looking girl approaches me at work to buy cigs. I id her and then ask if she is with the girl behind her ( I suspected they came in together, but didn't get a good look of the other girl she came with) she says no. So, I went on with the transaction as is. She paid and that was that. I don't think she understood I was asking because if they were together, I should have also asked for the id of the other girl too.

She was old enough. And "her friend" came up next in line. I caught a glimpse of her id ( she was over 18) Should have been reassuring enough for me, right.

It's not. I feel I didn't want to push further to get the other girls id because I felt some sort of "fear" to push further, even though I had a feeling they did in fact come in together. I was avoiding a conflict.

No one else like management knows about the situation so it isn't like I'm in trouble. I just worry constantly about things that happen at work.

Seems like everyday I go in, I come home in a worry.

One good thing that happened is I did confront my manager about something he did that upset me the other day (another worry I took home). If I'm going to look on the bright side...

I seem to make mistakes that no one but me knows about, and I just worry I'll keep doing them.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Truthfully, I may have been a bit intimidated too. I didn't want to look stupid to this stranger by pushing to get the id from someone who "maybe" had no affiliation with the her...

·
looking for friends!
40 Posts
I am not scared of customers!! lol

Oh lemme tell you!! My boyfriend works in a small store and told me that sometimes cops disguise themselves and ask for cigs. They could be undercover and look really young

BE CAREFUL NEXT TIME. :)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am not scared of customers!! lol

That's good for you, I guess... This part of your response makes me think you're laughing at me...I could be wrong.

When I hear things like what you say above it cancels out everything else you said in the rest of your response to me which for a second had me thinking you may have meant well...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts