Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
alien monk
8,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a contact course today - spent like 7 hours in a sociology class. I managed to talk to 2 stangers and had a conversation with one of those for at least half an hour.

Thats the first conversation I've had with a person other than my best friend for at least 2 years, lol. I was totally un-anxious so maybe I really have kicked SA's *** and just have problems with a lack of social skills and confidence.

Thats pretty awesome :)

·
3rd SAS Battalion
886 Posts
Well done, make a mental or written note of this. The more you do this the easier it will become, until some time in the future you will do it without thinking.

You have proved you can do it, and even though it may be been difficult, the more you do it the less difficult it will become. The anxiety gets grinded away through doing it.

Soldier on!

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Good for you, school is a good place to work on your social skills.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I had a contact course today - spent like 7 hours in a sociology class. I managed to talk to 2 stangers and had a conversation with one of those for at least half an hour.

Thats the first conversation I've had with a person other than my best friend for at least 2 years, lol. I was totally un-anxious so maybe I really have kicked SA's *** and just have problems with a lack of social skills and confidence.

Thats pretty awesome :)
Good for you!!! :D

·
alien monk
8,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:) thanks for the replies :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts