Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My xbox just broke and has 3 red lights coming from it. I could get it fixed but that'll cost money and I have to wait for them to fix it. **** :bash. And my dad's gonna ***** and moan about how "we play it too much" (me and my brothers) and all this other crap. I'm just pissed :mum

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
That sucks, I remember when my 360 had these problems. Last July it completely died on me and purchased a xbox 360 slim. Try adding some new thermal paste to it. It worked for a while on my old 360.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I had that happen to me a few years back
Lucky i still had a few months left on the warrenty and they gave me a new one
Problem is I lost my old xbox account because i forgot the password
Lost gamer-score and everything

·
Loveisloveisloveislove
2,785 Posts
This happened to my xbox, we had to ship it in so they could fix it, it helps if you buy a fan stand that goes under the xbox so it keeps it cool, you can buy it in most game shops. I recommend getting one once your xbox is fixed

·
Banned
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This happened to my xbox, we had to ship it in so they could fix it, it helps if you buy a fan stand that goes under the xbox so it keeps it cool, you can buy it in most game shops. I recommend getting one once your xbox is fixed
Wow, that sounds/looks awesome (just googled it). It really works? Like your xbox hasn't broken down after you used it?

·
Giraffe bacon
138 Posts
I've had three of them break on me. That's why I'm a PS3 man these days. There's only so much money I'm willing to give to Microsoft.

·
Loveisloveisloveislove
2,785 Posts
[/QUOTE]

Wow, that sounds/looks awesome (just googled it). It really works? Like your xbox hasn't broken down after you used it?[/QUOTE]
Hasn't broken yet :) so it works pretty good.

·
Banned
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
*facepalm*

Dude, don't even act oblivious to the real truth that the fans are Xbox-killers. You know it... don't lie...
You're hilarious :roll. You done making fun of me? I just wanted to make sure it really worked and that it wouldn't still break down anyway if I played it for hours and hours without stopping. You succeeded in trying to look cool/intelligent/witty by making fun of me though, congratulations :yay :)no just sad some of these people..)

·
Banned
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Banned
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
*waits for witty response trying to justify the fact that he was clearly being sarcastic* :time

Please respond seriously and clearly (if you even can do that). This is a waste of my time and causing me unnecessary emotional distress.

If you weren't being sarcastic, are you just an idiot? Cause how would fans be the "xbox killer"? That makes no sense whatsoever, so you must have been trying to make a sarcastic/witty remark to tick me off and to look smart.

·
SAS Member
14,436 Posts
If you weren't being sarcastic, are you just an idiot? Cause how would fans be the "xbox killer"? That makes no sense whatsoever, so you must have been trying to make a sarcastic/witty remark to tick me off and to look smart.
I think he meant an actual cooling fan, not 15 year old xbox addicts

·
Banned
1,012 Posts
*waits for witty response trying to justify the fact that he was clearly being sarcastic* :time

Please respond seriously and clearly (if you even can do that). This is a waste of my time and causing me unnecessary emotional distress.

Dude, you seriously get way too defensive. I wasn't insulting you. I was basically saying you knew that the fans can kill the Xbox consoles and you were just trying to act oblivious to talk to the girl.... That was my implication.

Anyway, the fans have been known to kill the Xbox based on a couple of theories. Some fans interfere with the ventilation of the system and have been known to have adverse effects on air flow (contradictory, I know). And second, some fans use the power of the Xbox itself. So, they are the reason it overheats.

Besides, I hear some fans break down after a while. My word of advice, NEVER buy an aftermarket product for a console. I always buy products made by Sony/Microsoft. Does that mean these products are perfect? No... but anecdotally, they in general are better products.

·
Banned
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dude, you seriously get way too defensive. I wasn't insulting you. I was basically saying you knew that the fans can kill the Xbox consoles and you were just trying to act oblivious to talk to the girl.... That was my implication.

Anyway, the fans have been known to kill the Xbox based on a couple of theories. Some fans interfere with the ventilation of the system and have been known to have adverse effects on air flow (contradictory, I know). And second, some fans use the power of the Xbox itself. So, they are the reason it overheats.

Besides, I hear some fans break down after a while. My word of advice, NEVER buy an aftermarket product for a console. I always buy products made by Sony/Microsoft. Does that mean these products are perfect? No... but anecdotally, they in general are better products.
How would I know that they don't work if I've clearly never heard of the thing before, but whatever, it was clearly a misunderstanding so I think your lack of understanding the situation was what caused it.

You could have just said that, again, I've never heard of the thing before so I'll take that advice into consideration, thank you for being clear and straight up.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts