Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been prescribed or anything but what would be the effects on someone who has undiagnosed social anxiety that just took a Xanax or two before social events or something? Some of my friends take them just to relax so I figure it can't be too bad to just try once or twice? I know people will discourage it but any realistic answers would help.

·
Banned
347 Posts
You feel like the rest of the crowd sometimes. You don't care about social anxiety and thus its like you dont have it. It's a tranquilizer, I use it sometimes when there is a big social event and it really does the trick, benzos are the only meds that ever worked on me, but they can be addicting and you can get withdrawal, so if you're the addiction type of person stay away. It can make you sleepy at first but when you get used to it, forget about it. Some people say it ruins their concentration, but I can focus much better on it. People are different, try it and see

·
Equilibrian Epicurius
1,028 Posts
Most people with SA find great relief when on benzos, so take 1mg before a social occasion and see how you feel. Nothing wrong with trying something that could help you out a great deal.

·
:No Worries:
182 Posts
Does anyone get Xanax along with their normal daily meds to just use in case of a high risk situation for anxiety? I was thinking about asking for it while I am doing the trial thing on Zoloft.

·
Equilibrian Epicurius
1,028 Posts
Does anyone get Xanax along with their normal daily meds to just use in case of a high risk situation for anxiety? I was thinking about asking for it while I am doing the trial thing on Zoloft.
Many people are prescribed benzos PRN alongside an antidepressant, so it's definitely worth running by your doc.

·
Banned
1,376 Posts
xanax is just 1 of many valium type meds, nothing magic about it, some docs dont like being asked for valium type meds by brand name so ask for any valium type med as basicly they are all the same

1 - 6 of 6 Posts