Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
There isn't a better one. It depends on what works for you. I'd say they're about the same.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Xanax definitely. It increases dopamine and serotonin in certain areas of the brain, unlike most benzos. It was the only one that was actually enjoyable to take for me.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Which increases it's abuse potential. ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am on xanax when I need it and it relaxes my body but not my mind. I take 2 and sometimes it doesn't even cut it. not sure what to do at this point.

·
Registered
64 Posts
hai y'all
need a suggstion here
xanax or valium better for SAD?
thx y'all
Medications are very personal subjective thing it depends on the person some people prefer xanax others like valium better and some other prefer klonopin... the only way to really find out is to try them for your self... personally I prefer xanax It was love at first bite ... LOL hope this helps?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Xanax definitely. It increases dopamine and serotonin in certain areas of the brain, unlike most benzos. It was the only one that was actually enjoyable to take for me.
That's very interesting I never knew that Xanax increased dopamine and serotonin I always thought it was the other way around , could you point me to some study's on the web?
Thanks!!!

·
Banned
115 Posts
Ive been on Xanax, Ativan, and Klonopin and I believe Xanax is superior to the others.

I was on 4mg/day Klonopin and I decided to ween off it and I now take .75mg/day Xanax and I get more relief from Xanax than I ever did from Klonopin.

Xanax is particularly good at eliminating panic attacks and panic like symptoms that I have.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Xanax really helps me. When my gut gets all knotted up and I feel like I'm scared half to death (usually about NOTHING), Xanax settles all that stuff down.

What bothers me is that I have to depend on the goodwill of a doctor to maintain my supply of it.

I wish I could go to Canada or Mexico or someplace and just get it myself, without anybody's permission.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
You could also order it online without a prescription, I'm not allowed to tell you from which sites because of the SAS board rules, but the forum of www.drugbuyers.com is a good start (but it's no pharmacy of course!).

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
That's very interesting I never knew that Xanax increased dopamine and serotonin I always thought it was the other way around , could you point me to some study's on the web?
Thanks!!!
http://biopsychiatry.com/alprazolam.htm

Apparently it's only with lower doses.

the forum of www.drugbuyers.com is a good start
That site's okay I suppose, but you won't find any of the better IOPs there. Those are usually shared on invite-only places, or have no actual website anyway. If you can google it, so can the guys whose job it is to shut down online pharmacies.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
If you can google it, so can the guys whose job it is to shut down online pharmacies.
Those guys seem to be very very lazy. ;) Also it's not quite as easy to "shut down" such a pharmacy located in any country in the world as you may think.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Still, it's quite nerve-wracking sending international money transfers to places like Panama just for a few packs of Xanax... Not that I'd know.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Sources accept credit cards, Western Union, wire transfer and so on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
How high of a dosage can you take with xanax? I am on 0.5 and have to take 2 to feel anything. I am need of a refill and wondering how much higher I can go.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Hmm... I could probably get all the stuff I need(ed) via CC, but nevermind.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Which increases it's abuse potential. ;)
I am definitely afraid of becoming dependent on xanax. I am prescribed 1mg/day as needed, but I only take it when I really need it (which is about 4-5 days per week).

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hey you medical gurus :)

Today I took my first xanax... (1 mg)

Made me feel like I was kinda drunk :D My speech went slurred, and I had hard time concentrating in conversations... (messed up my very-short-term-memory). Made my movements little clumsy also.

And no, it didnt do wonders for my sa :( Just felt myself little more confident than usually... But I think two beers would have been as effective: and alcohol is not for some reason very effective for my sa.

Why does it effect me like this? :( I had such high expectations... What next?

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
You'll probably need more than 1mg for proper therapeutic benefit. I used to take 2mg Xanax minimum, and up to 5mg on some occasions without passing out. Combined with Ritalin, I have not experienced a better feeling.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts