Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Banned
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got prescribed some Inderal and Xanax. Inderal I got 30 pills (20mg) with 10x refills, while Xanax I only got 10 pills (0.25mg) with no refills.

Inderal definitely helps with my physical anxiety symptoms, so I take it almost everyday as it's a safe drug.

When I combine both Xanax and Inderal, I feel GREAT! It kills the anxiety and I feel really relaxed and without worry. I normally take 2 pills of (0.25mg). I would love to feel that way ALL THE TIME.

Anyways, out of my 10 prescribed Xanax pills I only have 2 left. And considering how it helps me I'm tempted to go back to my doc and convince him to prescribe me some more.

Here is where I need help. I need to know what's the best way to take Xanax. Obviously it can't be everyday. I don't want to build tolerance or get addicted. If I limit myself let's say twice a week, would that be ok? Is there a safe and responsible way to take Xanax? Or will it still eventually lead to more problems?

· Registered
70 Posts
I only take Xanax when I need it and I haven't had any problems. Although I don't take a whole lot b/c I stay at home a lot and I don't take it if I am going to drive. I would just tell your doctor that you want to take it a couple of times a week and see what he can do for you. I hope that you get the help you need.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.