Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have taken Xanax for 6 years. While on it, I would care less how I was perceived but I don't think it made me appear less anxious.
I have not taken it for over a month and my anxiety level has not changed significantly. There have been no withdrawal symptoms, no rebound anxiety. In fact, my thinking has improved, I sleep less and I feel more alert.
Overall, Xanax was more harmful than helpful for me. I am sure I have certain cognitive deficits from taking it for so long.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
What amount of Xanax were you on?

The fact that you were able to stop, apparently with ease, makes me really curious.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have always been very sensitive to medications. I took about 0.5mg Xanax at a time initially and 0.125mg over the last several months before I eventually quit (unintentional tapering, I guess?)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, I take Xanax Retard 1mg in the morning and 0,50 mg in the evening. Before that I took also 1 mg in the evening. I've insomnia from the anxieiety since 6 years and have to take 3 pills of Zolpidem otherwise I don't sleep at all. The insomnia problems increased so much that I felt again depressed and have to take Deanxit.
Does anyone knows something about Deanxit? If I take my sleeping pills and xanax a foew houres later I feel withdrawal symptoms and become delirious...
Vertalen uit het: Nederlands
Typ tekst of een websiteadres of vertaal een document.
Annuleren

Voorbeeldgebruik van '':

automatisch vertaald door Google

·
Banned
218 Posts
Depressed? How can it make you depressed? LOL it just makes me dull i dont really feel anything fair enough everyones different but i dont get what your trying to say. I reckon its the best

·
Banned
4,394 Posts
blah blah blah, beenzo's are bad, everybody should be aafrai, be very afraid of those little pills... for me they have been far more helpful than harmful. As to the possible long term side effects , they haven't affected me, if I ever do get side effects, I gladly accept such side effects over experiencing the constant anxiety that would be there otherwise.

·
Banned
5,393 Posts
i personally dont give a damned about its negative side effects or risk of addiction. not having anxiety is well worth it. and for the most part, benzos do that for me. ill take the bad with the good, bring it on.

·
Banned
4,394 Posts
I had the same attitude and enjoyed myself while they worked. It was still hellish getting off them. Perhaps it will be different for you, if you're lucky.
I don't plan to quit using Benzodiazapines; unless there is a miracle, in which case even the worst withdrawals would be a breeze. Well you had a good attitude while you were them. That;s far better than requiring Benzodiazapines and being a negative nancy the entire time one is taking them. I am up-to-date and there is no alternative for me.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts

·
Banned
4,394 Posts
I'd like to try Xanax, or any other medication...but don't have the confidence to go to the doctor...
That's rough, do you have anyone to go with you, help you make the appointment, go with you? Befire you go, write down all of your symptoms, what is wrong, how you feel, etc. So that you make sure to tell the doctor everything. good luck man.

·
giggling ******
11,070 Posts
Well, Doc told me yesterday it could shrink my brain. I thought great, more headaches.

Personally, I'd like to get off all meds (on six), even if it shrinks any improvements I've made.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts