Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using Xanax since about March. I take them when needed which is about anywhere between 3-5 times a week.

I feel good on Xanax, and it does it's job anxiety wise.

The problem is that I've been needing more to get the same effect, and slowly my tolerance is building up.

I started at 0.50mg. Then upped the dose to 1mg to get the same effect. Now I'm at 1.5mg to get the same effect.

Is this something I should be worried about? I don't take doses multiple time, if I take them it's only once during the day.

My pills are all 0.50mg, but it seems that my prescription is with unlimited refills until april of next year. I haven't seen my doc to up my dose, I just did myself....

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
My pills are all 0.50mg, but it seems that my prescription is with unlimited refills until april of next year.
You guys apparently have very different laws in Canada. Here in the US we have the Controlled Substances Act of 1970 that limits C-IV drugs like benzos to a maximum of 5 refills (6 fills total when you count the original fill) and the script is only valid for 6 months (unlike a year for non-controlled drugs).

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Or at least slow down the development of tolerance.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Get some magnesium glycinate. It will add to the relaxing effect, and should prevent tolerance.
That's interesting how would magnesium glycinate prevent tolerance?
Is it just the relaxing effect or is it something else at work there?

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
That's interesting how would magnesium glycinate prevent tolerance?
Is it just the relaxing effect or is it something else at work there?
I'm not entirely sure how it works, but blocking the glutamate NMDA receptor seems to prevent/slow/reverse tolerance. Ketamine and magnesium do this.

·
Guided By Voices
2,396 Posts
Does is it have to be magnesium glysinate or can it be another form of magnesium?I was taking magnesium in a powder form for relaxation and nerves but I don't believe it was the glycinate form.The website I purchase from looks like it only has it in tablets.I prefer just adding the pwd. to water.What mg./g. strength are we talking about?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts