Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got generics the other day and had to go back to my docs today and get another script for Wyeth Effexor! I usually always ask for brand name, .....but my pharmacy didn't have any in stock. Geezus, ......the efficacy of the generics were terrible.

Yeah, ....I don't have a good relationship with generic drugs. Always brand name for me.

·
Registered
271 Posts
That's the way its been for me with any extended release generic ive tried. The Name Brand manufactures have a patent on the release mechanism on the drugs they sell so when generic manufactures try to copy it they cant and they usually **** up on how fast the drug hits the body and how long it stays in your system.
This is particularly true with Wellbutrin XL

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
No way I can't afford that. I have to get brand name birth control because yaz doesn't have a generic yet, but other than that, I always get generics. I just don't have money. I think spending 30 bucks on birth control every month just blows. Plus all that other **** I have to take.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fortunately I have the NHS where I can go to the pharmacy and demand brand
name. I get brand name Clonazepam (Roche) and brand name Effexor XR (Wyeth).

I just couldn't do generics. So I had to go back and get another script for Wyeth. The generics just don't cut it at all for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts