Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody else had ideas for stories they are working on, or wish they were working on? Here's mine:

>OP is a recent college graduate who has no life outside of parent-subsidized partying, and lives in a chic all-white upper class Bay Area suburb. He interns at an oil company. While shredding documents for his matters, he come across documents detailing how the company bribed, monopolized, murdered, and tortured to get to where it's at. Documents also detail how the firm used to CIA to do these actions. The bombshell is documents about an alternative source of energy the oil company has killed to suppress.

>OP runs with the intel. CIA dispatches the Special Operations Group, basically a bunch Special Forces officers, to go "neutralize the domestic terrorist." This team is lead by an unscrupulous Delta Force officer who is a USMA graduate and basically an emotionless sociopath, obsessed with the human hunting his masters giving. The team is told that OP is a domestic terrorist with materials to build a WMD. The team goes to work doing a bunch of illegal ****, with Patriot Act immunity, to find and investigate OP.
(CIA can kill domestically now thanks to Presidents Bush and Obama.)

>OP gets team of friends, including computer geek, an engineer girl who falls in love with him, and a former CIA SOG operative who quit years ago and comes to help him.

>Insert climax buildup here.

>CIA SOG raids OP's hideout, abducts OP and shoots a few of his friends, and tortures OP. SOG finds out they are a tool (surprise!) and are enraged. But the oil company is not taking chances. They send thugs to SOG's location and takes out most of both teams.

>SOG and OP decide to work together to bring down oil company. Delta Force goes rogue and embarks on a suicide mission to take out the oil company execs to avenge his team. OP, although the entire world thinks he is now a terrorist, decides to go on television and share what he knows, knowing he will die.

I'd love to hear if anybody else has ideas. This is based on my own life and ambitions, having grew up in the Bay Area, gone to West Point, etc.

·
Maybe?
2,598 Posts
I currently have 6 on the back burner and 4 in progress. A story is all in the details, though.

Currently polishing a sci-fi short before submission to a magazine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts