Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate using Facebook, I feel like I'm absolutely being judged by everyone and I feel like I might write something really stupid and people might be talking about it behind my back.

Right now I'm fretting over how to end this small conversation and was wondering if people can help. It's really the tiniest thing I feel so ****ing stupid for even asking but really don't wanna stuff it up.

Someone I met recently at a family xmas thing is on FB and he's just being friendly and casual, pointing out that we go to the same college, etc and talking to me about which part of the college he's at (which is near where I am) and he wrote 'might see you around'. What should I write after that? Should I just like the comment? I feel like I should write something else casual to end the convo but not sure what to say...anyone have any suggestions?

sorry. such a freak. -.-

·
bill philbertson
404 Posts
You could say "maybe we could go and grab some grub, there's a red lobster nearby, it's my shout!"

In all seriousness though it depends on whether you want to break it off or not. If you do then you could just like the comment or even do what I sometimes do and stay off facebook for a while until it blows over.

I would tend to just make similar casual comments like good luck with your studies, hope to see you around or some s&^t. Especially if he seems like a good bloke.

·
♎ Mackinac Island Fanatic
28,958 Posts
I would tend to just make similar casual comments like good luck with your studies, hope to see you around or some s&^t. Especially if he seems like a good bloke.
That would be my approach as well, maybe something like, "Sure, sounds good" or "See you around, too," neither committing to nor refusing the idea. Wishy-washy, I know, but going on outings with relatives (if he's a relative?--not sure based on your story) isn't my idea of a good time, yet I hate brushing people off. Though a lot of times when people say, "See you around," it doesn't mean too much anyway. :stu

1 - 3 of 3 Posts