Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would post this here since wrestling is hardly a sport. well pro wrestling. Anyone here like it? I sued to love it when I was younger, I had dreams of wrestling when i became older in barbed wire and exploding chairs and **** liek that, im still fond of mick foley (his books) but its just sport of slipped away from me I guess, no longer am I the kdi with the pro wrestling dream.

·
Registered
880 Posts
My husband Kyle watches Raw and Smackdown every week. I don't really like it, but I've learned to tolerate it. It helps that some of those guys are nice to look at. ;)

Have you ever noticed how they keep re-doing the same story lines over and over, only with different people? My hubby calls it soap operas for men, lol.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I was a huge fan during my middle school years. I watched Championship Wrestling from Florida with Gordon Solie--oh man that was good stuff. This was back when they pretended it was real. I have been reading about it lately on the web and reliving some great memories.

I remember the days of the UWF, AWA, NWA, WWF, and all the regional alliances. This was before it was all one big show.

I don't care for it anymore but it's nice to rehash the memories.

·
Banned
4,462 Posts
I never understood the appeal of the wwf or whatever. Its fake and the stories are lame imo. The only time I ever watched it was when I was 12-13 and I was watching to see the skimpily dressed girls wrestle.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I remember I hated wwf but loved japanese wrestling cause the peopel woudl bleed and throw each otehr ointo mosuetraps and barbed wire, sometimes stuff thatw as on fire also. Ah the memories.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
donniedarko said:
I was a huge fan during my middle school years. I watched Championship Wrestling from Florida with Gordon Solie--oh man that was good stuff. This was back when they pretended it was real. I have been reading about it lately on the web and reliving some great memories.

I remember the days of the UWF, AWA, NWA, WWF, and all the regional alliances. This was before it was all one big show.

I don't care for it anymore but it's nice to rehash the memories.
That was the stuff I liked. Since McMahon gained control over what was left of WCW and ECW, pro wrestling hasn't been the same. Until TNA becomes a viable competitor, it's not going to be the same, as McMahon will load his shows with crap like he has been.

I did try watching "Real Pro Wrestling" which was supposed to be the real thing, without fixed matches and the cartoonish quality of what everyone thinks of when they think of pro wrestling, and I was bored out of my skull.

Brian

·
Registered
80 Posts
brimontz said:
I did try watching "Real Pro Wrestling" which was supposed to be the real thing, without fixed matches and the cartoonish quality of what everyone thinks of when they think of pro wrestling, and I was bored out of my skull.

Brian
:agree

·
Registered
229 Posts
I use to watch alot of "Wraasling" when I was young. That was back in the Hulk Hogan Andre the giant days:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts