Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I posted a few days ago about my concern of going to the church when I've always been raised athiest.. I almost didnt go because i was nervous but went in anyways. And im so glad I did!.. Everyone was so nice and welcoming I had such little anxiety (if any) compared to what i was expecting. It was pretty causual and we sang which was a good feeling to be a part of.. when the session was over a lady came up to me and invited me to go to this group thing later on tonight as well so i went and i met even more people, we had a dinner and sang more then watched a video the topic was "how do we know we have faith?" (to be honest the topic seemed very relateable to me) and then our groups would have discussions and have questions... So overall I had a great day, i noticed the sheet that they give out (on updates and such) had a 'creations circle' a group where women do arts and crafts which i thought perfect id love to do arts and crafts with others! and they even had a 'dive into watercolor' which i also wanted to start doing again! I might just join their bookclub as well.. not only that something weird happened, during the first session in the morning the presit stood up and talked and made a verse of course but after awhile I noticed (call me crazy, my eyes must have been playing tricks) he had this kind of glow. and i rubbed my eyes and it was still there, and i thought maybe it could have been lighting or something idk, but he seemed like the only one i noticed who had the glow, im gonna see if i see it again next time.. Anyways I'm so happy I went, I think friends and family are still a little weirded out about the sudden change but I'm taking this as a sign that I should go to church more. :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hey congratulations! I've also been thinking of starting to attend church too... but I don't know how to go about finding which church to attend because there's quite a lot of different churches :S It confuses me.

And it does seem a little daunting to go by myself but reading your post does make me feel a bit more confident, thanks! :)

Hope you'll continue to enjoy going to church!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks :) Yea I know what you mean by being unsure of which church, personally i went to the closest one from my house lol, but i was originally going to 'try' a few different ones, but I like the church i went to.. But yea if your experience anything like mine, I wouldn't feel nervous at all and I went to my aunts church once too (years ago) and the people seemed friendly as well, I think most people who go to church are generally nice and it's (of course) about god but also a sense of community which makes most people feel friendly and accepting

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh I never knew that, is it like an angelic thing then or firmly believing and putting all your faith towards god??

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
not only that something weird happened, during the first session in the morning the presit stood up and talked and made a verse of course but after awhile I noticed (call me crazy, my eyes must have been playing tricks) he had this kind of glow. and i rubbed my eyes and it was still there, and i thought maybe it could have been lighting or something idk, but he seemed like the only one i noticed who had the glow, im gonna see if i see it again next time..
Some ppl spend an entire life in faith waiting for things like that to happen :) A sign.

Nice

1 - 6 of 6 Posts