Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just taking a survey. Would you take a job from 4pm-12am including weekends when you 40 and have been unemployed for nearly a year?:sus

·
SAS Member
31,285 Posts
I would if I needed the money. The only bad thing would be if you're a tv watcher, then you would have to get a tivo.

·
Banned
583 Posts
I would take the job. At least until I could find something better.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I would. But it depends on your experience/resume, if you're happy with the amount of employment money you're receiving (I wouldn't be), and how much the job pays. The job sounds boring so I'd try to avoid it if I could, but considering you've been unemployed for so long, we're in a recession, millions of North Americans are jobless, and you're not particularly young (no offense, just being blunt about all this), i would definitely get the job.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I used to work 2nd shift which was 3:30-11:30pm, sometimes even as late as 2am if there was overtime and man did it suck. It put me in a slump because when I would leave work, I'd drive home then sit on the computer until 6am (because no one is awake even if I wanted to hang out). Then I'd sleep until about 2pm, because I could, and then repeat. I'm not really a morning person but I just have to be at a job that begins early so I have plenty of time to relax and do stuff when I get out. Of course, that's just me.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I love TV and my bf works first shift. Plus I want to have a baby this year. My unemployment is enough but it runs out in Nov. Weekends are for fun. I dunno. I will wait and see how it pays and see the work environment

·
breaking free
2,171 Posts
Of course! If I was unemployed for a year and offered a job, I would definitely take it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts