Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I haven't written a cover letter or resume in over 20 years. Lots of good places online. However if I land an interview.

What if I get asked why do you want to leave your current job to come work here? ( I want to work at Aldis) and chuck groceries at people while sitting on a stool)

I would think, I should say,
" To be honest, I am not too fond of being on my knees for extended amounts of time" (I'm wearing out the cartlidge in my knees) and I would value the sea change :stu I am so sick of using my physical body for a job, (cleaning)

To me honesty is important, but it may not land me the job.
Is n't the interviewer only interested in answers that pertain to them, not me?

thanks for any help

jenky

·
Registered
371 Posts
It pretty much a standard question. Who knows why they ask it. They might think it will catch you off guard so you answer honestly. It may show them how diplomatic you are. You can still be honest without going into as much detail and coming off as a whinger. You would want to show interest in the company and the role and express that you want it because you believe you can contribute successfully in that role. In regards to why you're leaving your old job you can say that it's just not challenging you anymore and you're ready for something new and potentially more challenging. Anyhow good luck!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts