Votes: 30 33.0%
  • Try to cure SA

Votes: 61 67.0%
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Monster
6,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you had an unlimited amount of money, would you rather buy your own private island to live however you wanted without the hassle of people OR stay among humans and attempt to cure your SA?

·
dazed and confused
960 Posts
I would opt for the private island. Even if I didn't have SA, I still don't think I would enjoy the company of other people all that much.

·
(.*?)
6,701 Posts
I'll take the island. I don't think throwing money at the problem would cure SA, so that'd be a bad gamble.

If the amount of money is unlimited, though, one could do both.

·
Registered
527 Posts
So this island...would it be a tropical one?

Oh, and don't try and offload that one with the smoke monster on me. I've heard bad things about it. :)

·
crazy
2,067 Posts
i must be feeling more positive about people or something because i chose cure sa.

·
Monster
6,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Monster
6,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If the amount of money is unlimited, though, one could do both.
As with all "would you rather" questions, it's only two options and you can pick only one.

I didn't think it would be this divided. I thought for sure my choice of the Island would be the minority.

·
Registered
527 Posts
It can be whatever you want, however you want, except no contact with people.
I'll go with tropical then. Palm trees, white sand, the sound of the ocean breaking upon the shore...who are these "people" of which you speak? ;)

·
Registered
18,888 Posts
I'd stick with people. Except, I wouldn't bother trying to 'cure' my SA. I'd channel those unlimited funds into something that would make me happy (and no, I don't mean big mansions or expensive cars.. I'm talking genuine happiness, as in helping other people.. non-profit causes, etc.). You can be happy and have SA at the same time.

For me, the island would become very depressing, very quickly. As uncomfortable as human contact makes me, I need it.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Well, have some imagination. If you had unlimited money, you could hire any speaker, author, life coach, personal trainer, etc. you could imagine and get them to work with you in your home town for as long as you wanted. Seems like a pretty extreme advantage.

·
Losing Ground
2,121 Posts
I'd stick with people. Except, I wouldn't bother trying to 'cure' my SA. I'd channel those unlimited funds into something that would make me happy (and no, I don't mean big mansions or expensive cars.. I'm talking genuine happiness, as in helping other people.. non-profit causes, etc.). You can be happy and have SA at the same time.
This.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
I'll take the unlimited cash & private island. They say no man is an island; well watch me.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts