Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If this guy or girl were a stranger approaching you in public and asked you out would you say yes? Or would you rather go out with them if they were your friend and you knew a lot about them?

I'd personally go out with someone I know.

·
Barbells and kittens
3,940 Posts
I've done both and I've had better luck with people I know. It's definitely not impossible to find out you have tons in common with a stranger, but in my experience it's unlikely.

·
Registered
28,013 Posts
I don't really make much of any friends so I can't answer that. If a guy wants to hang out with me one on one I assume he wants to date, so I'll only hang out with them if I'm attracted to them. I'm not interested in having male friends who have the hots for me.

In general, I prefer dating people who I will not run into on a regular basis. Definitely don't want to date anyone who is friends with people in my social circle. That happened once and it was bad bad bad.

·
◔_◔
5,212 Posts
Someone I know at least I'll have some idea what kind of person they are tho I do like the mystery that comes with a stranger.

·
alien monk
8,660 Posts
approaching me? i'd prefer a stranger. because if i like a friend in that way they probably know already and have rejected me lol. i have no patience.

·
Father, Son & Holyzilla
7,386 Posts
I'd say to a stranger asking me out if I found her attractive. I've done the same a few times so I don't think it's creepy or weird plus I'd respect her a little for having the guts to do it. Even if I didn't find her attractive and turned her down I'd still give her props (in my head of course) for having the guts to ask me out and hope for the best for her.

·
Registered
77 Posts
If it was someone i knew i would probably be more comfortable around them.

On the other hand: if however it was a stranger, i would be flattered and take it as a compliment.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
If someone randomly approached me I'd get uncomfortable and try to leave immediately >_<

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I've always wished I would get approached but in reality I would be too nervous. So I guess I would want to know the person first at least we would know things about each other.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Know. Hands down. Or meet someone as a friend first, not the purpose of dating. I am not comfortable around strangers, or people I don't know.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Pepole I know or been friends for yrs. I would not mind dating but only once we have a strong friendship

·
girl
386 Posts
if a stranger asked me out i'd think they're taking the p out of me and cry

people at school used to do it all the time (well, they still do but rarely), like boys would dare their friends to ask the 'ugly' girls out or whatever and then laugh about it when people like me wouldn't know how to react : |

1 - 20 of 51 Posts