Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Banned
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If so, is this because you are Italian?

I don't have any specialized medical knowledge, but I'm sure a bite (that didn't cause any bleeding) to the shoulder would not cause a person to fall over and roll on the ground.

If Suarez is banned for 4 months for biting, his victim should be banned also for 'simulation'.

·
Banned
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Liverpewl fan?
No, the only English team I've ever seen live is Arsenal. It was a 1-1 draw in the Champions League and I was supporting the visitors.

·
Banned
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I would scream and drop to the floor in shock, thinking I'd just been bitten by an insect or hit by something thrown by the crowd.
The thing with insect bites, in my experience, is you only notice you have been bitten long after the bite. I think insects usually use some kind of anaesthetic - which makes sense because they don't wanna get splatted when they bite you. I don't think suicide (due to unhappiness/depression) has ever been observed or posited in the insect world.

·
Banned
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You have yet to be stung by a large wasp or bee then, you notice those *******s pretty damn quick :D
I have, but they only sting in self-defence. So they WANT you to feel pain or, rather, inflicting pain is the objective. In fact, I have only ever been stung once. That was in a chemistry class (at the end of the class) in about 1995 when I picked up my blazer as I was leaving. I think I have a high pain threshold because I didn't mind much.

·
Banned
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
'Dem toes look cold!

·
Registered
848 Posts
I might have probably reacted by punching the 'biter'in the face, but that would have got me carded and out. May have fallen out of shock but maybe not. The last thing I would have done is ignore it

·
Banned
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think this simulation epidemic is one reason why 'soccer' isn't very popular in the USA. Players who dive and drop onto the ground just because someone looked at them funny isn't very masculine. FIFA/UEFA and national FAs could wipe this out in a year easily. SEND OFF EVERY player who dives and writhes on the floor only to get up a few moments later without any injury. Sure, it would take players some time to realize this and maybe spoil football matches for a year, but if 4-5 players get sent off in match after match after, like I said, about a year it would become obvious even to the dumbest player that diving and simulation isn't worth any advantage. SACRIFICE a year for the good of the game.

·
Banned
1,880 Posts
it's not realistic to want the game to be simulation free, attackers and defenders both do it, so in that context you can't blame attackers for diving since they will have felt cheated by defenders so many times.

ideally neither would do it and you would have a duty of fair play from all sides, but that isn't the reality.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I think this simulation epidemic is one reason why 'soccer' isn't very popular in the USA. Players who dive and drop onto the ground just because someone looked at them funny isn't very masculine. FIFA/UEFA and national FAs could wipe this out in a year easily. SEND OFF EVERY player who dives and writhes on the floor only to get up a few moments later without any injury. Sure, it would take players some time to realize this and maybe spoil football matches for a year, but if 4-5 players get sent off in match after match after, like I said, about a year it would become obvious even to the dumbest player that diving and simulation isn't worth any advantage. SACRIFICE a year for the good of the game.
FIFA has been doing something but at times it is hard for the ref to catch. I would agree with a hefty ban for dives caught later on camera. But getting up is kinda tough to call. You get a defenders cleats and you tumble, but the injury is not bad. So you get up. In fact sometimes it is better to fall than stand and get a sprain or a hamstring injury...

·
Banned
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
FIFA has been doing something but at times it is hard for the ref to catch. I would agree with a hefty ban for dives caught later on camera. But getting up is kinda tough to call. You get a defenders cleats and you tumble, but the injury is not bad. So you get up. In fact sometimes it is better to fall than stand and get a sprain or a hamstring injury...
Sure, I'm all for video evidence AFTER the game. Don't send anyone off DURING the game but ban and fine them afterwards. The clubs just would no longer tolerate diving and simulation if they were paying a player £100,000 a week who got a 5-game ban after every appearance. Everything now is too cosy - clubs, players and governing bodies collude in this faking and actually spoil the game.

·
Banned
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just need a friend.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
I don't buy the diving excuse for Americans not liking soccer. There is diving in hockey, there is diving in basketball, I've seen wide receivers dive trying to make it look like pass interference and even baseball players have been known to fake getting hit by an inside pitch in an attempt to get first base given to them. Trying to f*** with a referee's mind is a worldwide sports epidemic.

As for Suarez and Chiellini, the only one guilty of simulation is Suarez. He bit Chiellini, then he grabbed his mouth trying to make it look like Chiellini gave him a shoulder to the face. So my answer is yes, if I were bitten like that, I damn sure would go down and begin checking my wounds.

Any defence or support at all for Suarez here is seriously misguided. He did something that can pass on disease. If he happens to have anything he could have passed along, the bite becomes a criminal act.

·
Banned
1,880 Posts
I don't buy the diving excuse for Americans not liking soccer. There is diving in hockey, there is diving in basketball, I've seen wide receivers dive trying to make it look like pass interference and even baseball players have been known to fake getting hit by an inside pitch in an attempt to get first base given to them. Trying to f*** with a referee's mind is a worldwide sports epidemic.

As for Suarez and Chiellini, the only one guilty of simulation is Suarez. He bit Chiellini, then he grabbed his mouth trying to make it look like Chiellini gave him a shoulder to the face. So my answer is yes, if I were bitten like that, I damn sure would go down and begin checking my wounds.

Any defence or support at all for Suarez here is seriously misguided. He did something that can pass on disease. If he happens to have anything he could have passed along, the bite becomes a criminal act.
think the mouth grabbing was legit, he lost a tooth or something?

chiellini himself has defended suarez now

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28058345

i especially think Maradona's comments get to the crux of what's wrong with this. We aren't robots and we can alter our decisions based on circumstance. Take a technical sending off offense, last man brings down an attacker. If that happens 10 mins into a world cup final, i would absolutely 100% want the ref to essentially ignore the rules, and give a yellow, because of the situation.

Same with Suarez. He should tehnically be banned for the world cup, but, they should have invented a punishment that let him play it out first. And the ban from being in stadiums is just humiliation. All this coming from a corrupt, dictatorial regime. Blatter and his ilk are responsible for actual deaths, suarez bit a guy who played on in the match, and ended up joking about it hours later (got a hotel maid to re-enact the bite in a picture). Some perspective.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Yes I would scream and drop to the floor in shock, thinking I'd just been bitten by an insect or hit by something thrown by the crowd.
You have a bias. It's ok. It's SAS. You can admit it.

In my case I would punch the S.O.B that did it. And the only other person I've seen get bit was Evander Hollifield, and despite having his earlobe torn off, he did not drop to the ground.

·
Registered
10,667 Posts
Ha I heard about this on the radio this morning. The woman just said "I guess America likes this sh*t" It confused me when she said that. I'm just like uuuhh no.

·
Banned
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Funniest quote of the day in a BBC article online:

Suarez's grandmother says FIFA are treating her grandson "like a dog"!

HAHAHA!

Yes, because he acts like one - he bites people who upset him!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts