Votes: 10 17.9%
  • NO!

Votes: 9 16.1%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Swedish Feminist
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's assume that someone is in his/her 20s to 30s.

And just so there's no confusion, false teeth as in:

Related questions:

1. First thing that comes to mind when you find out the person you've been dating wears false teeth?

2. Preferred way to find out? Least preferred way to find out?

3. Would it make any difference if the person you've been dating, for whatever reason, suddenly has to get them?

4. Seeing false teeth in a glass of water every night - yes or no?

·
Registered
18,888 Posts
Uhhhh, sure? Seems kinda weird, but then I'm guessing she wouldn't be pulling them out at the dinner table or anything.

If she's cool enough to share a bed with, I doubt I'd be concerned with whether she has false teeth.

First thing that comes to mind when you find out the person you've been dating wears false teeth?
"So, umm, WTF happened?"

Preferred way to find out?
Through verbal communication.

Least preferred way to find out?
Uh, if they fell out of her mouth at the dinner table?... or in a more intimate setting..

Would it make any difference if the person you've been dating, for whatever reason, suddenly has to get them?
Nope.

Seeing false teeth in a glass of water every night - yes or no?
I'd cope.

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
If I was otherwise attracted to them, then so what if they had to put their teeth in a glass at night? I wouldn't just write them off for this one reason. You should have made it a female/male poll, I bet more girls would say no to dating guys with false teeth!

1. First thing that comes to mind when you find out the person you've been dating wears false teeth?
Ohh wonder why they had to have them?

For them to tell me within a few months of knowing them. To have someone else tell me.

3. Would it make any difference if the person you've been dating, for whatever reason, suddenly has to get them?
No.

Yes.

·
In 'da 707
4,382 Posts
Sure

Nothing really i'd just make an effort to show acceptance, because that would be important.
Them just tell me. I would not want to find out by them taking them out suddenly to freak me out & then cracking up lol
No.
Sure. I really don't care. My dad has them & grandma, so i know what it looks like.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Yes

What happened? Surprised that i didnt notice until now.

Least preferred - by myself, seeing something i wasnt supposed to see. Preffered - by herself, i am not judgemental so its no biggie.

Not at all. I would try to be supportive.

Umm, little creepy. Reminds me of The Hills Have Eyes lol. But sure, i'd get use to it.

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
Wouldn't bother me.

1. First thing that comes to mind when you find out the person you've been dating wears false teeth?Wow do you have a cool story or was it just negligence or maybe a disease?

Doesn't really matter a way that is least embarassing for them

3. Would it make any difference if the person you've been dating, for whatever reason, suddenly has to get them?nope

Doesn't bother me

·
Banned
3,641 Posts
What happened?

Best case scenario: They tell me but they don't spring it on me. Dunno how they could do that... but yeah.
Worst case scenario: Umm, I dunno, finding out by myself. Like seeing them in a glass of water by accident or something. That's not cool.

No.

I'd learn to live with it.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
I dated a guy once.... and did not have any idea... I was 20 years old. I found out when he came out of the bathroom morning one day without them in... just walked out and flashed a no tooth anywhere smile. WTF... I mean... seriously... did he think I knew? Did he think it was a funny way to break the news? NO... it freaked me the hell out. I knew he didn't have great looking teeth... which makes it even more surprising that they were fake... after that a lot of other things went to hell... but it wasn't teeth related. Most likely it wouldn't bother me if they kept them in... no, I'd rather not see a glass of teeth in the bathroom - or anywhere else - some things should be handled privately, like tampons in the trashcan... no one needs to see that. I think if that info had been handled better I'd not have issues about it now... but every time I think of it I have that negative mental memory of the 'shock and awe' of a, not knowing and b, being 'told' that way.

·
is getting over herself
12,022 Posts
only if they lied about it. get it? lied.... about false teeth....

·
Your Assumptions
7,027 Posts
Let's assume that someone is in his/her 20s to 30s.
This --> :lol (sorry)

Preferred: Hearing about it.
Least preferred: Them coming out onto my mouth or other places.

Doubt it.

I'd be worried about kissing their gummy mouth at night - what it'd feel like. That's not nothing compared to the glass.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts