Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Would you date someone with credit card debt?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
SASsy
18,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you date someone with credit card debt?

·
Retired Enforcer
19,112 Posts
I'm not going to interview someone as to their financial situation prior to going on a date with them.

·
Banned
5,103 Posts
Yes and Don't care are really the same thing (unless that is you would only date someone with credit card debt), I wonder what Other would be.

·
Big Boo's Haunt
3,975 Posts
Other - only if they dyed their hair fluro pink every third Friday, unless there was a southerly wind that requires their hair to be blue instead, and wore their pants backwards on the second last Monday of each month.

·
LoneWolf
345 Posts
given that i have trauma with my dad with debts. i would not but as long as it's not too much and with the right reason. but i dating is okay i suppose but when that person becomes a life long partner, it'd be something to be considered about. cause bad unreasonable debts could ruin everything. otherwise. id try to help as much as possible. that;s what i think.

·
Banned
6,324 Posts
Yes, it's easily done. I would help her.

·
SASsy
18,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wouldn't care if we're just dating but if marriage is in the future then I'd be concerned because she would be bringing a boat load of debt into the marriage and that wouldn't be good.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I'm currently dating someone with debts of over £18,000...

·
Banned
1,537 Posts
Yes, but I would not be paying of there debts, guranteeing a loan, or being responsible for any loans that he takes out. I'd help, but I'd also be curious as to why they're in debt, whether it was unavoidable, or whether its because they have a gambling addiction, or they're just irresponsible. But they're an adult. Its up to them how they live there life. That's there buisness. I'm just not being dragged down with them.

I'm not going to interview someone as to their financial situation prior to going on a date with them.
Ha ha ha

·
MBTI: INFJ Enneagram:4w5
2,192 Posts
As long as it was not too much and used on things that were actually NEEDED (like groceries before being approved for food stamps or in supplementation to that.)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts