Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

· Banned
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The answer to this question for me is no. Unless they lived in the same city as me and we had absolutely a ton of things in common and I could know them offline first for about a year. That is far from a likely scenario though.

I don't care if other people do though, and I don't knock anyone that does because I'm sure it is hard for a lot of people here to meet people of the opposite sex, especially ones that they are interested in.

· Chief Worrier
2,072 Posts
i would. i'd prefer closeby, but if i met someone here and wanted to be with them badly enough, i'm not sure distance would be THAT big of a deal to me.

i mean, my sister actually lives in finland with someone she met online (they've lived together about 5 years). they're going to get married.

· Registered
368 Posts
I would love to find someone else that had SA. It would save me the treacherous task of explaining what it is to a normy. There also would be no worry of the other person dumping you when they find out that you have it.

· Registered
8,137 Posts
It seems like the only people that I could be myself around are other shy people. Now, why can't I live closer to more SA girls?

I think this quote is appropriate here:

· Banned
20,175 Posts
Although I'm not actively seeking, I'm open to the possibility. He'd have to be pretty open minded though, as I have quiet a few "eccentricities" that I'm unwilling to hide. :troll Heh, it's taken many years to cultivate my level of weirdness. :lol

· Registered
6,503 Posts
I'm not too sure about the whole online thing. It's so easy to get an idea of somebody online vs in real life and who's to say you would hit it off in person the same as you do in cyber-space?

I should be open-minded though, I mean, there are some people who get lucky. I guess there's always possibility.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.