Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would it be weird to send an email to a girl in my psych discussion (I'd have to look it up on the classlist...) who I've only briefly talked to (moslty forced interaction...) because she did a kick *** job peer reviewing my final paper (it was peer reviewed a week or so ago, I just looked at it now...). And I peer reviewed her's and wrote things mostly like "looks good" that didn't really help her at all. I feel very appreciative and also kind of bad that I did a crummy job...also she's a babe...:mushy

I could probably just say something in class but there's no way I'd get it right haha.

Even typing this out my palms got sweaty, I started to tremble a bit, and my heart started racing. Yikes, what hope do I have.

Sometimes I wish I had a coach I could ask all these questions to. Or I wish I could follow someone around for a week/month/year to know what's socially acceptable or not.

I feel like it's a little creepy haha but why not take a chance right. If we were facebook friends I'd send her a message easily but we're not.

Also I don't know if she knows my name which almost deserves a whole nother thread as I get pretty paranoid as to whether people remember me. I usually assume no which probably leads to me seeming unfriendly.

· Registered
315 Posts
I think it's perfectly appropriate to send her a note of appreciation. Infact it is very sweet of you to acknowledge her efforts. You two might end up being close partners in a professional relationship - not that it has to be professional but for a first time it's good to anchor your love interests in something that is stable and non-compromising to the parties involved.

Everyone gets the "shakes" in such first times, be it writing a letter, or even saying hi to a lady. It's perfectly normal, don't let your fears get in the way. Don't be too intimidated by her appearance, it is the mind to mind connection you are after. A good way to fail a relationship is to think the female as the "babe" first and lose sight of what a woman might cherish more from a companion - a listening ear and compassion.

Most make that mistake and rely on dominating the relationship to progress it, which usually ends up in tears later. Don't make that mistake.

· Registered
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm just worried because we've never exchanged contact information that it'd be weird to look up her email address. Also the next time I go to class I'd be a wreck for sure not knowing what to say/if to say anything.

I was just contemplating asking somebody through IM if it would be weird but then that got me wondering if THAT in itself would be weird. Like one of those picture in a picture things, haha. God I hate SA.

· Starlight and moonbeams
20,927 Posts
Ask her if you can add her to your Facebook. Is the class ending? Then ask her if you can take her out for lunch or coffee to celebrate the end of class. The worst thing she can say is no.

Also, if she doesn't give you her email, DON'T email her. That'll just creep her out. Ask her in person if you can have it, because you'd like to stay in contact with her.

· Registered
526 Posts
I think that would be so nice of you!
Honestly, I can totally put myself in her shoes and I would be flattered if that happened to me.

Just say something like "Hey , I just had the chance to look at your comments on......had to let you know how great they are......very constructive.....really appreciate it...will definitely help me in the future.....thank you so much...." You could also probably get away with something about how her feedback was so good you learned from that as well - like how to give others more constructive feedback in the future. Know what I mean? I wouldn't say anything negative in the email about how you feel bad about how you did with hers. Sound confident and keep the focus on her and what a great job she did and how much you appreciate it.

That wouldn't be weird or creepy at all! Everyone loves a compliment. Especially women LOL

Do you like Chris Rock? Here's a quote:

“There are only three things women need in life: food, water, and compliments.”

:haha

So true. Dooooo it!

· Registered
526 Posts
Also, if she doesn't give you her email, DON'T email her. That'll just creep her out. Ask her in person if you can have it, because you'd like to stay in contact with her.
Personally, I would definitely not be creeped out. Yeah maybe if he looked me up to say "I think you're a babe and want to take you out" then maybe....cause it's a class list not a dating service. The list is there for a reason and if he simply wants to email a classmate to show his appreciation for a class related thing then IMO it's totally appropriate. And very kind :).

· Registered
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay I thought about this and decided this could be majorly creepy depending on what she thinks of me already. We've had brief conversations, like I had to ask her a quesiton about where a meeting was and maybe she thought I was weird then. (SA talking?) I'll try to build up the courage to say something in class if the opportunity presents itself.

Thanks for the replies guys!

· Registered
761 Posts
Is it a school email address? I don't really think it would be weird, if so. I'd email someone on that address. Even their real one, as long as I didn't have to stalk them to get it. I wouldn't equate class list with stalking.

You could send her a msg on facebook or w/e, thanking her, and she'll probably send a friend invite with her reply.

You could also tell her in person, but ...yeah. lol. Hard to do.

The semester is ending so I'd send the email after the class ends or something probably, but maybe earlier...

I just basically don't think it's that weird...

Whatever you do, you should just thank her basically, and not really talk about your comments on hers... and don't make it clingy and obsessive like you're worshiping her, lol. I love editing papers... and I'd love feedback from someone. It shows that you acknowledge her skills and effort. I'd just leave it as a simple thank you, no apologies or hints that you want to know her any better.

Also, you edited her paper. That's a good enough reason to remember her name.

· Registered
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SA-1
StevenGlansberg-0

Booooooo

That makes me sad. :(
Yeah, yeah. More like...

SA - 3480934980
Me - 2.5

Kinda funny, I walked past her today on my way to class (never have before) and she looked the other way...maybe she doesn't like me or maybe she's shy herself or maybe she didn't recognize who I was...I laughed...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.