Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
GameGuy
7,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now in my life, laziness and unmotivation are a BIG problem for me. I am very lazy with doing anything. Even if it's a very important thing, like my eating or work habits, even my personal hygiene, I am very lazy with it. And I don't really feel motivated to do anything anyway.
I recently just moved out on my own from living with my Mother for the past 22 years that are my life. And even that was caused from a misunderstanding between us. Thankfully though, I did move out on good terms with her. But I have lived in my new home for almost a month now, and I still have a few boxes crammed here and there. Now, I have a small place and the excuse I keep telling myself is that I don't have anywhere to put my stuff. But honestly, I am just lazy and don't feel like unpacking. And I will say that depression does come knocking at my door every so often, but I haven't let it in again. I was depressed for about 2 years, but that was a self diagnosis and I believe I have gotten over that depression. Also, I have had suicidal thoughts over recent time, mainly when things are just going down the drain for me. However, I have a different kind of thought I think. I don't really think about ending my life, but rather I think of what it would be like if I did. And always, ALWAYS, one of the first things I think of is if I did kill myself, how would it affect my family and friends? And that makes me full worse, but in a good way. And the suicide thoughts go away. Plus, if they get really strong, I'll call a friend who I know can talk with me and help reverse my thoughts. My philosophy for planning for my future is basically, "Remember yesterday, live for today, and take tomorrow as it comes." I don't believe this is a bad philosophy, but I do think it could be improved.

I guess I am creating this post because I would like to rid myself of these feelings of laziness and unmotivation. I know how to do so in some ways, but it's getting me to commit that's my biggest problem. I want to change mentally, but physically, I'm a stone. And I honestly just don't know where to go to change my attitude.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts